• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Where is Barria?

3 hours ago, Lou said:

I was speaking about those players specifically, not players as a whole. Obviously, most aren't. You think Barria is weak mentally.  I don't, as evidenced by the fact that he continues to pitch well when called upon.

I do know that coaches have to worry about the mental aspect of the game. Btw, you're not the only one who has coached who posts on this board. 

No, I don't think Barria is weak mentally.  The only time I argued that they screwed with his head affected his play was second season.

He has overcome that.  I still think they are screwing with him but he is doing his job.

On 5/9/2022 at 11:14 AM, Lou said:

I think players understand that it is all part of the process when you're a professional athlete. If you allow it to mess with your head, you aren't ready to play in the major leagues. It's on the player to be prepared to play at all times. It's part of the preparation process. Players have been brought up and down for decades and decades. If Barria (because you have never stated any other player has had their heads messed with) can't handle it and allows it to affect his production, he should find another line of work. 

We seem to be talking around each other.  I have always respected your knowledge and you must respect ne because if you didn't you would have blown me off long ago.  Let's settle this:.

You are right professionals have to be mentally tough to succeed.  It is part of their skill set.

My argument that if a manager us given 26 players to manage, he needs to get the most out of those players.  Which means you can't screw with their heads.  

As a basketball coach,  I had athletes in which I can get their their face and scream bloody murder to perform.  And I had players who I couldn't do that with.  I had to put my arm around them and stroke their confidence.  It all dependent on the player.

Now I could be like Bobby Knight where its "my way iur the highway" but that means some players will fail when you need them to succeed.  If you have depth you can go "my way or the highway" and it would not effect the scoreboard.

But if you don't have deoth you will have some players fail and it will effect the scoreboard.

I can tell you this, I'm the NBA it's all a put coddling.

Maybe it's not in MLB.