• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Scioscia and (I'm assuming) the coaches will be gone, as well as Hamilton.

Pujols will be in Year 7 of his ten-year deal. Perhaps he'll opt out and ride off into the sunset toward the Hall of Fame.

We should get some good prospects in upcoming drafts, and some of them will be ML-ready by then, assuming we don't trade them away for aging veterans who can no longer produce.

Trout could be safely on board long-term, as well as Trumbo.

Should be a nice season. Looking forward to it!

Scioscia and (I'm assuming) the coaches will be gone, as well as Hamilton.

Pujols will be in Year 7 of his ten-year deal. Perhaps he'll opt out and ride off into the sunset toward the Hall of Fame.

We should get some good prospects in upcoming drafts, and some of them will be ML-ready by then, assuming we don't trade them away for aging veterans who can no longer produce.

Trout could be safely on board long-term, as well as Trumbo.

Should be a nice season. Looking forward to it!

tumblr_m59pk2YeIb1r5feico1_400.jpg

i know others think it's naive, and maybe it is, but I just don't see Pujols finishing out his contract here.  I don't think his body will cooperate, and I think he has too much pride to hang on for multiple years as a replacement -level or worse DH type.

i know others think it's naive, and maybe it is, but I just don't see Pujols finishing out his contract here. I don't think his body will cooperate, and I think he has too much pride to hang on for multiple years as a replacement -level or worse DH type.

I agree. People say he would never leave that much money on the table, but guys do it all the time (generally not by walking away early, but by retiring while they are still good and have teams willing to pay them good money).

I agree. People say he would never leave that much money on the table, but guys do it all the time (generally not by walking away early, but by retiring while they are still good and have teams willing to pay them good money).

And then they come out of retirement to be Yankees.

The problem with this is that if the Angels don't contend until 2018, chances are Trout will go elsewhere.

Yup.  There is no guarantee that Trout will be here past year 6.  

And with how we have been burnt with big money long term contracts, there even may be a hesitancy to offer it.  

The problem with this is that if the Angels don't contend until 2018, chances are Trout will go elsewhere.

Trout will not risk waiting for a contract elsewhere and will sign a long term deal in the next year or two. He still has 5 years till free agency, if the Angels offer him an 8-10 year extension eating up his arbitration years and through his 20's he will sign.

Trout will not risk waiting for a contract elsewhere and will sign a long term deal in the next year or two. He still has 5 years till free agency, if the Angels offer him an 8-10 year extension eating up his arbitration years and through his 20's he will sign.

true, the question is when will Trout be offered the extension?  The longer they wait, the less incentive Trout has to sign it.