• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Marvin Hagler, R.I.P.

Lou

I remember watching that fight. For middleweight both of those guys threw heavy punches. Hagler just kept stepping inside, nullifying Hearns length, and took whatever damage he had to in order to stay inside.

The first of those three last punches could have been the end of the bout. Hearns legs turned to jello and he couldn't defend against the last two. 

There were a lot of great middleweight fighters back then and plenty of good fights, except for the No Mas forfeit from Roberto Duran. That was disappointing as hell being a rematch with Leonard and was supposed to be a thiller. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I remember watching that fight. For middleweight both of those guys threw heavy punches. Hagler just kept stepping inside, nullifying Hearns length, and took whatever damage he had to in order to stay inside.

The first of those three last punches could have been the end of the bout. Hearns legs turned to jello and he couldn't defend against the last two. 

There were a lot of great middleweight fighters back then and plenty of good fights, except for the No Mas forfeit from Roberto Duran. That was disappointing as hell being a rematch with Leonard and was supposed to be a thiller. 

Sugar Ray Leonard was a great fighter during that time frame along with Hearns and Haggler RIP.

Just saw this thread.

I remember watching the Hearns fight live.  That first round was epic.  The shots Hagler took would have knocked out most middleweights, but not Hagler.  He took them in stride and continued to charge in. At the end of that round, Hearns was already tired and hurt.

The 80's had such a great list of fighters including the gentlemen knock out artist Alexis Arguello (my favorite).  I miss those fighters.

Probably in my top-3 fights ever.  Not sure I've seen 3 rounds of fighting like which went on in this one.  Two all-timers!  The 70's (before my time) and the 80's was such a sweet spot for boxing.  So many great fighters during the 80's:  Sugar Ray, Tommy Hearns, Roberto Duran, Marvin Hagler, Alexis Arguello, Aaron Pryor, Michael Spinks, Mike Tyson, Larry Holmes, Ray Mancini, Salvador Sanchez, Julio Cesar Chavez, Wilfred Benitez, Evander Holyfield and so many more.