• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

My Plan..

Chuck

Kole Calhoun & Matt Long up.. Pujols to DL. Keep Jerome Williams in the rotation, move Hanson to long relief (since Blanton is pitching better).

Trade Hanson, Blanton and maybe even C.J. Wilson at the deadline. Extend Vargas. 

That's my plan if I were manager & the GM. But I don't think Scioscia has the balls. I do believe in Dipoto, so I have faith.

Anyhow, Pujols is not doing himself or this team any good by trotting his lame ass out there every day. He's hurt and he should take some time to heal up and reflect on his performance this season while out. 

Meanwhile these two guys can provide some punch at 1B and LF. Shuck isn't bad, but he doesn't have any pop and his defense isn't that great.

Triple-A stats:

Matt Long: .304/.422/.507

Kole Calhoun: .379/.455/.561

That's my plan if I were manager. But I don't think Scioscia has the balls. 

He's not doing himself or this team any good by trotting his lame ass out there every day. He's hurt and he should take some time to heal up and reflect on his performance this season while out. 

Meanwhile these two guys can provide some punch at 1B and LF. Shuck isn't bad, but he doesn't have any pop and his defense isn't that great.

Triple-A stats:

Matt Long: .304/.422/.507

Kole Calhoun: .379/.455/.561

At this point we should 60-day DL Pujols. give his foot some reason time to rest and maybe we'll still be able to get some production out of him in a future season.

Re: Pujols, my understanding of his injury is that a couple weeks off his feet really does no good. It will just flare up again. Only real solution is surgery, followed by several months off. At least that's my understanding.

Won't hurt the team so plan for next year.

Yeah... this thread could use a disclaimer considering the author.  I thought it was a done deal.

Kole Calhoun is dominating.  He has something like 7 walks and 1 strikeout in his last 12 games.  It is rare for anyone to do that at any level. Even for 12 games.  And hit for power.  And steal bases.   I'd love to see him get a shot, but with Bourjos coming back, he won't, yet.  Unless someone goes down or gets dealt.  

Pujols has been bad enough where it might seem like it'd be worth  shutting him down, but I'm no medical expert, and I thought I'd heard people say it won't help.  He was hot for a while.  He hit well when he was hurt last year.  I'd try to ride it out.   

You can't really sit Hamilton at this point, either.... but if he continues to miss games fairly often, I'd replace Shuck with Calhoun... and I like Shuck.  He reminds me of Orlando Palmeiro.  

Yeah... this thread could use a disclaimer considering the author.  I thought it was a done deal.

Kole Calhoun is dominating.  He has something like 7 walks and 1 strikeout in his last 12 games.  It is rare for anyone to do that at any level. Even for 12 games.   I'd love to see him get a shot, but with Bourjos coming back, he won't, yet.  Unless someone goes.  

Pujols has been bad enough where it might seem like it'd be worth  shutting him down, but I'm no medical expert, and I thought I'd heard people say it won't help.  He was hot for a while.  He hit well when he was hurt last year.  I'd try to ride it out.   

You can't really sit Hamilton at this point, either.... but if he continues to miss games fairly often, I'd replace Shuck with Calhoun... and I like Shuck.  He reminds me of Orlando Palmeiro.  

My bad.. I'll change it.