• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Steven Matz?

Cdaniel

Just read on MLB Traderumors that the Yankees checked in on the Mets asking price.  It was reported they would want an MLB talent in return i.e. Miguel Andujar.  The Yankess wont part w/ Andujar but could the Angels line up with a Rengifo and maybe another piece?  Would it be worth it?

I apologize if this has been discussed.

1 minute ago, Cdaniel said:

Just read on MLB Traderumors that the Yankees checked in on the Mets asking price.  It was reported they would want an MLB talent in return i.e. Miguel Andujar.  The Yankess wont part w/ Andujar but could the Angels line up with a Rengifo and maybe another piece?  Would it be worth it?

I apologize if this has been discussed.

He'd be lower-to-mid rotation depth with 2 years left of control but, based on his last few seasons, not sure how much of a difference maker he is:

image.png

He's teased with talent at times but I'm not sure I'd give up a lot more than Rengifo for him.

Not too big of a fan of Matz.

Would rather see the Angels go after Lugo and put him as a starter. While we're there, maybe we grab the last year of Cespedes at $6M and see if he has anything left in the tank. That would free up their outfield logjam and supplement ours for the year.

Mets may not want to do this however as their starting pitching is good but their bullpen is borderline and removing Seth would weaken them some.

32 minutes ago, vladdy#27 said:

We already have Steven Matz

LHP Player A (2018-2019 Average)

IP 157 ERA 4.09 H/9 8.5 K/9 8.7 BB/9 3.1 FIP 4.61 HR/9 1.5 ERA+ 95 WAR 1.7

LHP Player B (2018-2019 Average)

IP 138 ERA 4.41 H/9 8.6 K/9 9.7 BB/9 2.5 FIP 4.21 HR/9 1.5 ERA+ 98 WAR 1.2

his name is Andrew Heaney

ineedthisforreactions GIF

1 hour ago, vladdy#27 said:

We already have Steven Matz

LHP Player A (2018-2019 Average)

IP 157 ERA 4.09 H/9 8.5 K/9 8.7 BB/9 3.1 FIP 4.61 HR/9 1.5 ERA+ 95 WAR 1.7

LHP Player B (2018-2019 Average)

IP 138 ERA 4.41 H/9 8.6 K/9 9.7 BB/9 2.5 FIP 4.21 HR/9 1.5 ERA+ 98 WAR 1.2

his name is Andrew Heaney

i'm not making an argument for or against matz, but don't we need another heaney, at the very least?