• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are the Dodgers better this year....

Stradling

...than they were last year?  Obviously they just brought on Betts which makes them better on the offense and defense side, but will they be better than last year?  Ryu was really good for them last year and he was healthy.  Price could very well be really good for them this year, but I can’t imagine better than Ryu was last year.  Plus I still think they will trim back their payroll and trade one or both of Pederson and Stripling.  

I guess technically they are projected to be worse since PECOTA predicts 103 wins when they won 106 last year.  The real reason I am posting this is the Dodgers are projected to be 16 games better than the next closest team in the NL.  No chance in the world that happens.  

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Yes. They have the best offense in baseball and the deepest pitching staff as well. 

They'll still lose in the playoffs though because fuck em.

Deepest pitching staff?  I’ll personally take the Nats over them.  The Dodgers have Buehler who is amazing, Kershaw who is really good and Price.  They also have Stripling, Wood and May.  It’s a really good staff but not as good as last years.  

Yes, they are.
Basically they upgraded from a platoon in RF to Betts.  Even though that platoon was solid, Pederson, Taylor, Hernandez, Betts is obviously still an upgrade.
Lux taking over as full time 2B.
They have a lot of guys without spots to play that could.should be starters elsewhere.  Taylor, Hernandez, even Pederson as a bench?  They are loaded AF. 

Just now, Stradling said:

Deepest pitching staff?  I’ll personally take the Nats over them.  The Dodgers have Buehler who is amazing, Kershaw who is really good and Price.  They also have Stripling, Wood and May.  It’s a really good staff but not as good as last years.  

Dont forget Urias 

50 minutes ago, Stradling said:

...than they were last year?  Obviously they just brought on Betts which makes them better on the offense and defense side, but will they be better than last year?  Ryu was really good for them last year and he was healthy.  Price could very well be really good for them this year, but I can’t imagine better than Ryu was last year.  Plus I still think they will trim back their payroll and trade one or both of Pederson and Stripling.  

I guess technically they are projected to be worse since PECOTA predicts 103 wins when they won 106 last year.  The real reason I am posting this is the Dodgers are projected to be 16 games better than the next closest team in the NL.  No chance in the world that happens.  

You can ask their fans at our Opening Day game. 

No, I don't think they're better this season. But they seem to be genuinely pissed off about the cheating scandal. I doubt that matters in October, but I could see it being a unifying theme over the course of the regular season. I would be surprised if they are challenged for the Division title.

I think they will likely platoon Joc and Pollock in LF.  Joc is fantastic against RHP and platooning Pollock will likely help him stay healthier, since he isn't playing day-in, day-out.

They are a loaded team.  Their SP might be a tad worse, but adding Betts is, obviously, a very big deal.