• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

World Series of Poker

With the World Series of Poker underway at the Rio, I hope Chuck doesn't mind an unabashed plug for a couple of our websites.

As you already know, Derek joined the PokerTelegraph network with GoDerekGo.com.  The network is headquartered at PokerTelegraph.com and we will be adding WSOP-related content daily for the next month and a half.

If you like poker, come check us out.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let everyone know that wasn't aware, the Main Event started on Saturday. You can get all the regular hand for hand updates on WSOP.com's site. My site has daily wrapups and a ton of photos, in case you are interested.

It's kept me quite busy over the course of the last month and a half, and the end is finally in sight.

For those interested in checking it out, follow the link above.

• 11 months later...

I can't find the thread, so this will have to do. Eric had posted about who we would like to see interviewed and I rattled off some under the radar names (with regards to publicity and being mainstream). Ironically, I didn't mention a player directly, but mentioned him when comparing players. Eric, if you could interview Doug Polk that would be ridiculous....but maybe tough now as Doug just won a bracelet in a 1k turbo event.

I doubt anyone gives two shits but the handful of us that play cards, but in the old thread I mildly explained Doug's background. In 2003 a random CPA named Chris Moneymaker won the main event for over a million bucks....this started the poker boom and every Tom, Dick, and Harry thinking they could be next. From that came a bunch of great players that went on to make a shit load of money. Doug is a special mention because he sucked and with there being forums like this but poker related, it was documented. However, Doug having the work ethic of a male rabbit in a female rabbit cage worked his way up from the lowest of stakes to ow playing in the highest stakes possible and beating some of the best and pros we see on TV. The way Chris Moneymaker became an icon for being the everyday guy winning it all, Doug is kind of the poker players version of this as he went from Joe Blow player (I actually remember him on the most popular poker forum asking for help and talking hands with people) to today winning a coveted gold bracelet.

Here is an interview a little earlier with him:

http://www.bluff.com/news/doug-polk-on-the-one-drop-and-his-big-bet-with-phil-ivey-55792/

And here is his win:

http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2014-wsop/event-23/

So just a request to interview. Coming from nothing and being active on 2+2 he's very candid and talkative.

On a side note, great job Eric and Derek on the podcast....I enjoy it. Minor request though, can you guys turn up the volume and have everyone be mindful of talking into the mic? Great show though and I dig the guests so far......kind of stoked you guys got Kevmath on there. I actually remember when he turned into an overnight board sensation.