• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB's Top 10 prospects 1 year from now will be ...

https://www.mlb.com/news/jim-callis-predicts-mlb-top-10-2019-prospects/c-294181356

1. Royce Lewis, SS, Twins (No. 1)
The No. 1 overall pick in the 2017 Draft had no problems handling pitching at two Class A levels at age 19, may have more power than expected and looked better at shortstop than anticipated.

2. Jo Adell, OF, Angels (No. 16)
Adell may have the best all-around tools in the Minors and erased any concerns about his bat by racing to Double-A as a teenager.

That's assuming he doesn't win the starting RF job this year, in the second half - which is possible. But the best-case scenario for the Angels is that Kole rebounds, Adell has the full year to develop, is a September call-up and is ready for the starting RF job to start 2020 (although they'll almost certainly mess with his service time and not call him up for good until May).

Most prospect rankings are predicated on player promotions.  Just as an example, I don't anticipate Griffin Canning, Jose Suarez, Ty Buttrey, Matt Thiass or Luis Rengifo to be part of our top prospect list.   That's 4 out of their current top 10.  So does this mean the system will be significantly more weak?

Not at all, it just so happens that the major league team is about to get a lot younger and better.  Also, I'm anticipating breakouts from the likes of Brandon Marsh, Jahmai Jones, Jordyn Adams, D''Shawn Knowles and Jose Soriano.

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Most prospect rankings are predicated on player promotions.  Just as an example, I don't anticipate Griffin Canning, Jose Suarez, Ty Buttrey, Matt Thiass or Luis Rengifo to be part of our top prospect list.   That's 4 out of their current top 10.  So does this mean the system will be significantly more weak?

Not at all, it just so happens that the major league team is about to get a lot younger and better.  Also, I'm anticipating breakouts from the likes of Brandon Marsh, Jahmai Jones, Jordyn Adams, D''Shawn Knowles and Jose Soriano.

That's almost the exact same list of players that I expect to break out in 2019, with honorable mentions to Luis Madero and Chris Rodriguez.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

That's almost the exact same list of players that I expect to break out in 2019, with honorable mentions to Luis Madero and Chris Rodriguez.

I forgot about Madero, and back injuries can be tricky.  I'll also add Kyle Bradish, Aaron Hernandez, Alex Ramirez and Raider Uceta to the list of players whose stock will go up. 

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

That's assuming he doesn't win the starting RF job this year, in the second half - which is possible. But the best-case scenario for the Angels is that Kole rebounds, Adell has the full year to develop, is a September call-up and is ready for the starting RF job to start 2020 (although they'll almost certainly mess with his service time and not call him up for good until May).

I don't see that happening at all, but it would be cool if he forced his way onto the roster this season. 

I think more realistically he gets a September cup of coffee and then wins the job Spring 2020