• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rangers (4/24)

Chimi

I know you didn't ask me but neither one worries me right now. Foles could potentially be a dynamic QB but has work to do and Vick is simply not what he used to be. No longer difficult to game plan against.

You probably know more about Foles than I do.  If he looks like the guy you want to ride into the future with, then I guess they should start him.  Or they could hold the fort down with Vick and develop him behind closed doors.  

Roth is a good 3 inning pitcher, but Carpenter needs to be released. Guy is junk. WE NEED WEAVER BACK!!!!!!!

Roth still looks like he needs work in the minors. Lots of pitches up and away. Man this team wil look much better with our injured players back. Something like this

1. PB CF

2. Trout LF

3. Pujols DH

4. Hamilton RF

5. Trumbo 1b

6. Callaspo 3b

7. Howie 2b

8. Ianneta C

9. Aybar SS

Conger, Jimenez, Harris, Shuck

1. Weav

2. CJ

3. Hanson

4. Vargas

5. Blanton

Madson, Frieri, Burnett, Jepsen, Richards, Downs, Williams

You probably know more about Foles than I do. If he looks like the guy you want to ride into the future with, then I guess they should start him. Or they could hold the fort down with Vick and develop him behind closed doors.

I just don't see a reason to prolong Vick's tenure in Philly at this point. See what they have in Foles while keeping an eye on opportunities to improve the position in the draft and FA if they don't like the progression.

Im interested to see what my boy Kaep can do in a full season, kid is a freak athlete but they have a fairly tough schedule next year (travel time zones more than any team too).

Here's what you do, forget it. We weren't going to beat Darvish anyway. I'm okay with trying Roth, look...this team has to TRY something. Carpenter? no comment. But trying to get 4 back on Darvish was going to be close to impossible. Like it or not, that guy is Ace material.

Anyway, forget this series, and try to actually beat teams that can beat, or you SHOULD beat.. I can stomach losing to Darvish, not the effing Twins, that still kills me.

Is there any young arm in this system besides Jerome that could get through ONE inning? Give them a shot, because we've got absolutely nothing to trade.

I would seriously start looking at guys on waivers for the pen, I'm not kidding. Forget a Starter, that's not going to happen. Try and stay somewhat close through A-break, that's what you've got.

Not that we were a playoff team last year with Torii here but the one thing that chafes me the most about this team is its apparent lack of leadership. I get the 'so and so leads by example' but I'm not even sure AP does that well anymore. I know it always looks worse when things aren't clicking but it seems even more magnified this year IMO

Not that we were a playoff team last year with Torii here but the one thing that chafes me the most about this team is its apparent lack of leadership. I get the 'so and so leads by example' but I'm not even sure AP does that well anymore. I know it always looks worse when things aren't clicking but it seems even more magnified this year IMO

Is it good to have a guy that keeps everyone else's spirits up? Yes. But these are grown men who have reached their current position through lives of self motivation. Is a leader a plus? Yes, but do i buy into it meaning anything signifcant? No. We have our leader and motivator in Weaver. IMO, thats all we need

I think it's more mismanagement of money than leadership.  Josh is a nice luxury to have but when your pitching can't even hold down a lead with one of the better lineups in baseball then obviously you should be investing in another area.  Torii is beasting this year in his cushy spot up in Detroit and is a fraction of what Josh costs.  The Angels offense was more than fine without Hamilton.  Now your going to have Pujols and Hambone tying the organization down for the next 10 years or whatever it is.  Kind of like the massive contract we gave A-Rod back in the day.  Or like the awful contracts the Mets gave out in the 2000's.  The Mets farm is just now recovering from that horrible management.  

Is it good to have a guy that keeps everyone else's spirits up? Yes. But these are grown men who have reached their current position through lives of self motivation. Is a leader a plus? Yes, but do i buy into it meaning anything signifcant? No. We have our leader and motivator in Weaver. IMO, thats all we need

Fair point and I don't entirely disagree. These guys shouldn't need anything or anyone to fire them up. Hard for Weave to lead when he only sees the field once every 5 games (when healthy). I just like those 'rocks' on the field and in the clubhouse. At the end of the day does it make much of a difference? Probably not, especially not in a measurable way

I think it's more mismanagement of money than leadership. Josh is a nice luxury to have but when your pitching can't even hold down a lead with one of the better lineups in baseball then obviously you should be investing in another area. Torii is beasting this year in his cushy spot up in Detroit and is a fraction of what Josh costs. The Angels offense was more than fine without Hamilton. Now your going to have Pujols and Hambone tying the organization down for the next 10 years or whatever it is. Kind of like the massive contract we gave A-Rod back in the day. Or like the awful contracts the Mets gave out in the 2000's. The Mets farm is just now recovering from that horrible management.

For sure, I've been clear with how poorly constructed this team and organization is currently. My post was more something that bothers me, don't see a lot of emotion out of these guys when times are tough. But, this org is in trouble. And it's ok for a fan to say that

Wow last night everybody was excited but now the team is in terrible trouble. Don't get the logic. Everybody is acting like this team will cease to exist soon. The team that shouldn't exist right now is the Texas Rangers, they were the ones that were bankrupt and good old Selig came to the rescue.

Wow last night everybody was excited but now the team is in terrible trouble. Don't get the logic. Everybody is acting like this team will cease to exist soon. The team that shouldn't exist right now is the Texas Rangers, they were the ones that were bankrupt and good old Selig came to the rescue.

Haha they were never going to leave Arlington completely.  

hamilton has to dive in order for him to keep getting those infield hits...wont dive for a fly ball though

Of course Hamilton will dive for fly balls, there is a time for everything, sometimes it's best to keep the ball in front of you.

Of course, that would mean the pitcher could actually manage an out.

Maybe you're right, they all should just dive at everything, may be the key to the season.