• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Replace Street with...Weaver?

Lou E Ville

All that matters is can he get it done for 1-2 innings every other night or so. Only a week left in the season and then the playoffs (hopefully). Who would you rather have on the mound with a one-run lead, him or Salas? Gott? Morin? None of those guys are ready for that kind of pressure.

Teams are hitting .320 with a .900+ ops vs Weaver in the 1st inning. Not sure I would want him to come in cold in the 9th.

If we make the playoffs we'll have to win the first game in New York. I'd rather have Weaver's playoff experience than any of the other schlubs we now have in the back end of the bullpen.

That's the question. Not "Is Weaver an ideal bullpen closer" but "is he a better option than what we have?"

Usually 1 game playoffs require all hands on deck. Weaver may be a mid-relief option if the game dictates the need. They would probably face Tanaka or Pineda in New York.

I would TOTALLY use Weaver as the 9th inning option.....

If it were only at home with the rock pile in the background, at night with the Marine Layer particularly thick, and against a hitter with less than 5 career HR's in the minors and majors, and the Angels were up by at least 4 runs with nobody on base. 

Seriously, Jered Weaver should probably not be in the major leagues anymore.  How the Angels continue to roll him out there and expect to win just astounds me. 

If we make the playoffs we'll have to win the first game in New York. I'd rather have Weaver's playoff experience than any of the other schlubs we now have in the back end of the bullpen.

That's the question. Not "Is Weaver an ideal bullpen closer" but "is he a better option than what we have?"

Have you experienced his pitching in hitter's parks?   

OPS allowed in Yankee Stadium by Weaver

2015 - 1.186

2013 - 1.153

2012 - 1.138

I would TOTALLY use Weaver as the 9th inning option.....

If it were only at home with the rock pile in the background, at night with the Marine Layer particularly thick, and against a hitter with less than 5 career HR's in the minors and majors, and the Angels were up by at least 4 runs with nobody on base.

Seriously, Jered Weaver should probably not be in the major leagues anymore. How the Angels continue to roll him out there and expect to win just astounds me.

I was going to go all "respect the guy's career" route on you, but then looked and realized that he has the 12th worst ERA of any starter in MLB that has thrown at least 120 innings. I hadn't realized it was THAT bad.