• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2014-15 ncaa basketball season thread

Florida's shot was last year. All of the starters were seniors. A rebuilding year with a lot of kids getting PT. Billy Donovan will have to do one of his best coaching jobs for them to even be competitive. Oklahoma, no idea. However, Lon Kruger-coached teams tend to underachieve, especially at tournament time.

Locally, a year that Dave Rice at UNLV probably has to do more than just make the NCAA Tournament. First round exits the last three times they have gone, no bid last year. NIT or less and he's probably gone.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

First byu scrimmage is tomorrow.

First game is November 14th against the Beach.

Where you at AO?

Hey Steve, first LB scrimmage is at ASU tomorrow, and then another one next Saturday for Monson vs. fellow former Gonzaga guy Bill Greer at USD.

How does BYU look?

LB returns all but two top 8 players from a year ago, and adds former Sweet 16 FGCU defense/rebounding guy Eric McKnight (style similar to former SDSU standout Josh Davis) plus four real good freshmen (Jack Williams who has some Doug McDermott in his game, PF Temidayo Yussef, wing Deontae North, and PG Justin Bibbins).  

Bibbins was one of the best HS PG's in the state, Williams one of the better HS post players in the state (outplayed UCLA frosh Thomas Welch a year ago), and North one of the better HS wings in the state.

Next season, LB adds 3 quality transfers in Nick Faust (Maryland, nearly double digits scoring), Gabe Levin (as good of a WCC freshman - LMU - as there was a year ago), and former USC player Roschon Prince (Gatorade CA HS POTY in 2013 - playing out of position at PF a year ago); as well as 3 more talented freshmen in post players Larond Williams and Mason Riggins and standout guard Noah Blackwell.  

Next step: getting out of the BWC and trying to get the MWC to take a 12th school as a non-football playing member

Hey Steve, first LB scrimmage is at ASU tomorrow, and then another one next Saturday for Monson vs. fellow former Gonzaga guy Bill Greer at USD.

How does BYU look?

LB returns all but two top 8 players from a year ago, and adds former Sweet 16 FGCU defense/rebounding guy Eric McKnight (style similar to former SDSU standout Josh Davis) plus four real good freshmen (Jack Williams who has some Doug McDermott in his game, PF Temidayo Yussef, wing Deontae North, and PG Justin Bibbins).  

Bibbins was one of the best HS PG's in the state, Williams one of the better HS post players in the state (outplayed UCLA frosh Thomas Welch a year ago), and North one of the better HS wings in the state.

Next season, LB adds 3 quality transfers in Nick Faust (Maryland, nearly double digits scoring), Gabe Levin (as good of a WCC freshman - LMU - as there was a year ago), and former USC player Roschon Prince (Gatorade CA HS POTY in 2013 - playing out of position at PF a year ago); as well as 3 more talented freshmen in post players Larond Williams and Mason Riggins and standout guard Noah Blackwell.  

Next step: getting out of the BWC and trying to get the MWC to take a 12th school as a non-football playing member

Did Josh Davis leave SDSU a year early?  I could've swore he transferred last year as a Junior.

How does BYU look?

Ask me three weeks ago and i would really like our chances to make some noise. Now it seems are top 3 big men can't seem to stay healthy.

We get Haws back who should average about 24/game.

Him and collinsworth are the team. Collinsworth tore his acl last year but he should be back for the exhibition game this Friday. He is practicing at full speed. He is a do it 6'5" pg stat filler.

I expect them to make the tourney. The big guys need to get healthy. One of the three was announced last night to be out for the season. I hope the other two are back sooner than later

No, he was a senior. SDSU was his 3rd school.

He was waived by the Spurs about a week ago

Indeed, he transferred to SDSU from Tulane having his degree already, but was eligible under the new NCAA rule granting an already graduated player a chance to transfer and be immediately eligible if he has playing eligibility left.

we'll be ok. I think Powell will have a big year. Parker has lost weight so hopefully he won't pick up all of those lazy fouls.

Looney is a stud.

I have really big hopes for Parker this year.  Powell needs to have a monster year for this team to be really good.  I think we finish 2nd in the conference to Arizona but I'm always pretty optimistic.  

Thanks for the Josh Smith info.

P12 looks to struggle. I expect ucla in the top 4 possibly two. Arizona, utah, ucla and colorado as the top 4?

yeah, that's exactly how i see it. I'm predicting Utah finishes 2nd. I think AZ finishes about 5 games ahead of the 2nd place team.

then we beat them in the conference tournament

Edited by Lou