• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Panhandlers

What pisses me off about the panhandlers is the ones that CLAIM they are DISABLED VETERANS.  Ok, if you're disabled, and you are a veteran, the VA will put you in housing and feed you and get you job training, etc., so I'm already pretty sure you're sprouting crap to begin with.  There's one that was on the median right at the 5 and Brookhurst where you turn to get on the 5 South. I saw him there EVERY day.  One day, I was feeling generous, and I had $5 in my hand and I opened my window, and asked what unit he was in and where he had been stationed.  He told me he was in the ARMY, but then wouldn't tell me what bases he had been at, what unit, NOR would he tell me his MOS (military job).  When you can't tell me that (EVERY vet I know of is proud of their service, and will tell you at LEAST what unit they were in!!) I knew he was lying. 

I called him on it, and told him if I saw him again and he couldn't or wouldn't prove that he was REALLY a veteran, I would make sure to tell the people at the VA so that they could start the process for "stolen valor" which, actually, can put him in jail..   He hasn't used that sign since. 

What pisses me off about the panhandlers is the ones that CLAIM they are DISABLED VETERANS.  Ok, if you're disabled, and you are a veteran, the VA will put you in housing and feed you and get you job training, etc., so I'm already pretty sure you're sprouting crap to begin with.  There's one that was on the median right at the 5 and Brookhurst where you turn to get on the 5 South. I saw him there EVERY day.  One day, I was feeling generous, and I had $5 in my hand and I opened my window, and asked what unit he was in and where he had been stationed.  He told me he was in the ARMY, but then wouldn't tell me what bases he had been at, what unit, NOR would he tell me his MOS (military job).  When you can't tell me that (EVERY vet I know of is proud of their service, and will tell you at LEAST what unit they were in!!) I knew he was lying. 

I called him on it, and told him if I saw him again and he couldn't or wouldn't prove that he was REALLY a veteran, I would make sure to tell the people at the VA so that they could start the process for "stolen valor" which, actually, can put him in jail..   He hasn't used that sign since. 

He probably just changed his sign to DISABLED VETERINARIAN. People have a lot of sympathy for them too.