• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Ernie Johnson

Have always hated this guy, but his announcing style of "I've never seen a game of baseball before" is incredibly annoying and old.

I hate the idea of these jack of all trades announcers.   Always have.   I'd rather hear Bob Uecker or any other dedicated baseball-only voice call  games.

I know that's not the way TV is built, so I'm just complaining about something other than the Angels.  I'm sick of complaining about them.

And I know there are other TBS threads.    So mods if you're tired of killing "Fire Scioscia" posts, you can take this one out too.

I feel better after typing this.   Looking forward to the rest of a great soccer season.

back in the 70s and 80s, the networks would hire announcers like vin scully and joe garagiola. they were excellent together. i'd like to see baseball go back to hiring teams like that for the post-season.

ernie johnson works best as a studio host, like brent musberger. putting him as the lead play by play guy doesn't work, just like it doesn't for musberger.

Ernie, Jr. will never be half the announcer that his father was. Listening to Ernie, Sr. was like talking baseball with a favorite uncle. He knew a lot of stories, but he knew when to quit telling them. He also didn't make stupid statements or state the obvious over and over (see Steve Stone and others).