• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Shoe says bullpen session went great. Can throw 100 pitches easily

stevestevens

I actually don't mind him pitching game 3. Follow the splits and let CJ pitch at home where he has a better chance of succeeding. Worst case scenario and the Angels are down 0-2 heading into Sunday, Shoemaker would be the guy I'd want out there anyway (after Weaver). He's one of the key reasons the Angels are where they are so might as well let it rest on his shoulders.

edit: the other benefit of CJ going in g2 is that, even if he shits the bed and we have to use the pen extensively, there's an off day afterward.

Edited by WallyWorld

I actually don't mind him pitching game 3. Follow the splits and let CJ pitch at home where he has a better chance of succeeding. Worst case scenario and the Angels are down 0-2 heading into Sunday, Shoemaker would be the guy I'd want out there anyway (after Weaver). He's one of the key reasons the Angels are where they are so might as well let it rest on his shoulders.

edit: the other benefit of CJ going in g2 is that, even if he shits the bed and we have to use the pen extensively, there's an off day afterward.

True, but Shoe is acey at home, while CJ is a solid 3.9774532.

I'm also under the impression that if CJ sucks, it doesn't matter where he pitches. The marine layer has no effect on walking every ****ing batter ever.

Nibs' home ERA (3.82) is much lower than his road ERA (5.31).

He also walks fewer batters at home (36 in 94 innings) vs on the road (49 in 81 innings). 

Shoemaker, subtracting the one KC road start, has a 3.40 road ERA vs 2.10 home ERA.

One thing to consider is that Nibs has surprisingly had just two poor outings in Oakland over the past 3 years, and just one until his most recent.

Basically 6 of one, and half dozen of the other

But a game 3 start does give Shoemaker two extra days to ensure being healthy enough.

Plus whether he pitches in game 2 or game 3, Shoemaker will only have one ALDS start.  

Edited by Angel Oracle

Well that would be the pen's fault. They should be more than prepared to throw a shit ton of innings this postseason, regardless.

It's just that Shoe could be pitching a gem, and Scioscia would still remove him after five. "Needs to be stretched out" or some nonsense like that.

If he's pitching well and says he feels fine, he should go 7-8 innings. No matter how good the bullpen has been, it's still an unknown if we're holding a small lead and they have to go four innings. I'm not hoping for much from our sleepy offense.

This is great to hear. Gotta wonder where is stamina will be since he hasn't pitched since Mid September, but the important thing is it sounds like they'll have Shoe for sure for the ALDS

I'm actually OK with him starting game 3. That's the crucial game. You got your best pitcher(this season) on the mound either looking to 1. Complete the sweep, 2. turn the tide of the series if it's tied 1-1, and 3. Trying to fight off elimination if they are down 0-2 in the series

Edited by bloodbrother

This is great to hear. Gotta wonder where is stamina will be since he hasn't pitched since Mid September, but the important thing is it sounds like they'll have Shoe for sure for the ALDS

I'm actually OK with him starting game 3. That's the crucial game. You got your best pitcher(this season) on the mound either looking to 1. Complete the sweep, 2. turn the tide of the series if it's tied 1-1, and 3. Trying to fight off elimination if they are down 0-2 in the series

Hopefully he's been able to run and do some leg work while he was out. That's a huge part of in-game stamina.