• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Shoemaker and Rookie of the Year.

19HALO71

Yeah, I think Abreu is the obvious favorite at this point.  However, if he slumps and Matt's numbers comtinue to improve, say, to 16-17 wins and a sub-3.00 ERA, 1.00 WHIP while help lead the Angels to the playoffs for the first time in 5 years, its going to make the vote harder to decide.  The guy has been a revelation and the Angels would truly be in deep sh1t without him.

remove abreu from the chisox and where are they in the standings? probably not a significant difference from where they are now.

remove shoe from the angels and where are they in the standings? possibly looking up at both oakland and seattle. 

i think that has to factor into the equation.

(Please note: nothing that I am about to say is meant to in any way imply Shoemaker is having a bad year, nor am I criticizing him in any way.  Just wanted to get that out of the way, given the sensitivities that arise around here sometimes.)

Shoe is having a quirky year in terms of the amount of decisions he's getting.  He's made 16 starts, and has decisions in 14 of them.  He's appeared in 7 games as a reliever, and has decisions in two of those, as well.  He's averaging about 5 2/3 IP per start, so you wouldn't think that his decision percentage would be as high as it is. 

ROY and Cy Young's don't have anything to do with value. It's simply the best rookie and the best pitcher. Abreu is the best rookie, even if Chicago loses every game for the rest of the year. Just like Felix is the best pitcher regardless of where Seattle ends up.