• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Went to the game tonight...

Observations:

1.  The concession workers might be older than usual.  And not by a year.  Feels like they are 10 years older than last season.  Not the smoothest operation.  One hot dog and a bag of peanuts = a half-inning.

2.  New, easier to read concession menu which, of course, confuses people.

3.  The music and ads between innings is still jarring and offensive.  One upside:  It's so loud that people have a hard time talking on their cell phones.  Downside:  People wait until play resumes to make calls.

4.  The new PA dude's voice isn't my favorite.  It's hard to understand his tone at times.  Probably not the best idea to pipe in music while he's announcing some of the stuff.

5.  The greenery growing on the rock pile is filling in more and more.  I hope it takes over all of the faux rock. 

6.  It took until the 8th inning, but alas, there was a massive fight in the RF seats.  Several fights, I think.

7.  Caucasian Doyyer fans seated behind me.  It was like an episode of Mad Men.  A real throwback to the '60s.

8.  My brother ate two hot dogs.  Neither had stale buns.  Usually at least one is stale.  Can't believe one or both of them didn't get stale in the time it took for one of the old people to retrieve it.

9.  The Angels were shut out and had what, two hits?  So in this sense, it was alot like last season.  I walked out of the Big A wonder why in the f I wasted $160 watching that crap. 

10.  I wish the Angels would stop forcing pre-season tickets on season ticket holders as part of their season ticket package.  Doesn't seem right to charge full freight to watch whoever the last two Angel pitchers were.

11.  Can't wait for the regular season to start.  So I can repeat most of the complaints then.  And next season.

Observations:

6.  It took until the 8th inning, but alas, there was a massive fight in the RF seats.  Several fights, I think.

There is no excuse for there not to have been at least one fight by the top of the fourth inning. These fans obviously aren't ready for the season yet.

Yes, but what outfit were you wearing??

I wore Angel red.  Dressing for an Angel game gives me a mini-crisis.  Michael Mann, the executive producer of Miami Vice who was responsible for much of the show's initial look had a strict rule about the clothing:  no earth tones and no red.  In some ways, the Angels worst uniform -- the periwinkle -- might have snuck in as a Vice/Angel compromise.

Observations:

1.  The concession workers might be older than usual.  And not by a year.  Feels like they are 10 years older than last season.  Not the smoothest operation.  One hot dog and a bag of peanuts = a half-inning.

2.  New, easier to read concession menu which, of course, confuses people.

3.  The music and ads between innings is still jarring and offensive.  One upside:  It's so loud that people have a hard time talking on their cell phones.  Downside:  People wait until play resumes to make calls.

4.  The new PA dude's voice isn't my favorite.  It's hard to understand his tone at times.  Probably not the best idea to pipe in music while he's announcing some of the stuff.

5.  The greenery growing on the rock pile is filling in more and more.  I hope it takes over all of the faux rock. 

7.  Caucasian Doyyer fans seated behind me.  It was like an episode of Mad Men.  A real throwback to the '60s.

8.  My brother ate two hot dogs.  Neither had stale buns.  Usually at least one is stale.  Can't believe one or both of them didn't get stale in the time it took for one of the old people to retrieve it.

9.  The Angels were shut out and had what, two hits?  So in this sense, it was alot like last season.  I walked out of the Big A wonder why in the f I wasted $160 watching that crap. 

10.  I wish the Angels would stop forcing pre-season tickets on season ticket holders as part of their season ticket package.  Doesn't seem right to charge full freight to watch whoever the last two Angel pitchers were.

11.  Can't wait for the regular season to start.  So I can repeat most of the complaints then.  And next season.

Take about $50 off and the sums up my night too.