• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels sign RP Mark Lowe

Guessing he has a pretty good shot at a bullpen spot with how iffy Carpenter and Stetter have been(and how weird it would be for Stetter to make the team anyway), unless he also totally soils himself in the next few days.

Yup. Carpenter and the rest of those guys have really blown it this spring.  I say Lowe makes the OD roster.  And I still would like to see Dipoto go out and get another RP.

Pen to open the season is likely:

Frieri

Downs

Burnett

Jepsen

Williams

and a sixth guy TBD. Lowe, Carpenter, Stetter, Richards.

Certain members of the press are talking like they open with 7 spots in the pen, but seeing as they will need a fifth starter earlier than in years past, why do they carry 7? Don't you think Scioscia would rather carry 5 bench guys including a backups in INF, OF, and 2 C?

I think Richards would be better served by pitching for a month or two in SLC. He needs starting experience if he is going to be a starter in the bigs. Not pen experience. I think this way he, not Williams, will get the first call if there is a starter that goes down with injury for more than just a spot start. 

It really depends on how close they think Madson is to being ready. If Madson will be ready near the end of April, they likely will put a guy with options into that 6th or 7th spot, because he's likely to be sent down when Madson returns.

By the end of the year, the pen could have three or four new regulars. The only guys who start the season and finish the season are Burnett, Downs, Frieri and likely Jepsen, if he is the Jepsen of the second half not the guy we saw last April.