• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

One of the worst covers ever

I get a lot of pleasure out of seeing and listening to things that are unbelievably bad, and they are even funnier when they originated as genuine attempts to entertain people. Things like the vocal album by William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy, for example, trying to cash in on their Star Trek fame by singing - which neither of them is worth a damn at. One of my favorite unintentional comic foils in my youth was Bert Parks, who for many years appeared on the Miss America Pageant. I remembered one particularly bad rendition of the Jim Croce hit "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown", which Parks made even more square than his rendition otherwise would have been by inserting the line "Baddest cat in the whole darn town".

I was hoping to relive that comic moment on YouTube, but alas, it wasn't to be found. However, the late Mr. Parks did not disappoint. I found this gem instead, which may have been even worse. I had not seen this before: Parks' electrifying rendition of "Let 'Em In" by Paul McCartney and Wings. The incredible thing is that the vocal may not be the worst part of this. Check out the choreography behind him. Someone intentionally created those dance moves to be performed on national television. I assume that the applause comes from people responding to studio signs. They can't possibly be from anyone enjoying this atrocity.

All of you aficionados of bad taste and things that are unintentionally funny, enjoy.

If that isn't enough bad entertainment for you, check out this rockin' cover of Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train" by the always hip Pat Boone:

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

The Pat Boone version of that song I don't think was meant to be taken seriously.  He did an entire album of heavy metal songs.  Kind of like what Richard Cheese does.  Richard Cheese is just better at it, imo. 

I guess they tried to get Pat Boone's version of the song to be the opening for the Osbourne's reality show on MTV but it would have cost too much so they got some other random dude to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-A39CzpH5M

Edited by Chimi

If you should know anything about me, I like me some bad. I remember Bert Parks, and judging from that rendition, I would still say that, multiple facelifts and all, Parks was one of the best deadpan humorists ever.

That said, if you like the bad renditions of songs, then look no further than Richard Cheese, someone best known for his "Christmas in Las Vegas" but who revels in the absolute demolition of contemporary songs. While I could lead you to an example or 30, the journey with him is worth the trip. Just head on over to YouTube, enter in "Richard Cheese", pop open your favorite adult beverage, sit back and enjoy the absolute mastery of the slaughter.

I will, however, start you off with one. Enjoy.

Warning, NSFW.

The crazy thing is that the Bert Parks performance was probably considered legitimate comedy at the time. Although it is completely unfunny by today's standards (which are questionable too), it is interesting to look back and see how the truly funny performers (who are still held in high regard today) have stood the test of time because their stuff was so much better than the other crap that was around at the time. 

If you should know anything about me, I like me some bad. I remember Bert Parks, and judging from that rendition, I would still say that, multiple facelifts and all, Parks was one of the best deadpan humorists ever.

That said, if you like the bad renditions of songs, then look no further than Richard Cheese, someone best known for his "Christmas in Las Vegas" but who revels in the absolute demolition of contemporary songs. While I could lead you to an example or 30, the journey with him is worth the trip. Just head on over to YouTube, enter in "Richard Cheese", pop open your favorite adult beverage, sit back and enjoy the absolute mastery of the slaughter.

Warning, NSFW.

Richard Cheese is awesome. You realize his schtick is intentionally facetious, right? 

I was cleaning out the closet and found this.

17d763a683f8c5f1166f891941777882.jpg

I still have no idea how 5 black guys walking Dobermans found their way into my record collection but a friend of mine topped this one easily. He had an album which was called Lithuanian Folks Songs which featured Help Me Rhonda played by a polka band and sung in Lithuanian. I had the feeling Brian Wilson was a phony all along and stole his music from the masters.

A sample of Jimmie's funkadelic vibes.

Edited by Eric Notti

Warning, NSFW.

This is brilliant, swing style and all. Thanks for sharing.

I was cleaning out the closet and found this.

17d763a683f8c5f1166f891941777882.jpg

I still have no idea how 5 black guys walking Dobermans found their way into my record collection but a friend of mine topped this one easily. He had an album which was called Lithuanian Folks Songs which featured Help Me Rhonda played by a polka band and sung in Lithuanian. I had the feeling Brian Wilson was a phony all along and stole his music from the masters.

I'm an avid fan of funk and R&B music. That is terrible, more like disco. Well done.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan