• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Perry re-signs with Ducks

angelduck

Awesome for you guys. Maybe this is a sign for you guys that with the reworked CBA that the Ducks are more willing to be spenders. It's funny how being cheap really sets you up for a run in the hard salary cap era.

yeah, it wasnt necessarily being cheap it was being smart.

while detroit and philly and those idiots were tossing out 10-12 year deals to go around the CBA, we were able to keep getz, perry and ryan for $5m-$6m a piece for 5 year terms.

and basically rebuild on the fly.

that was brilliant.

how many teams can lose two first ballot HOF defenseman back to back and stay elite?

pretty crazy.

Yup, Ducks played the CBA perfectly.  They knew a lot of teams would be hamstrung with the cap going lower and they put themselves in a posisition to re-sign Getzy and Perry and still have cap room while still remaining a competative team.  Kudos to Bob Murray and the Samueli's.

A lot of people don't like the Disney era with the Angels.  But besides the uniform fiasco, they tried their best to give us a great product.  And they continued to look out for the team by losing money to find the right owners for both the Ducks and the Angels.   Imagine if McCourt bought the Angels, and AIG bought the Ducks.  And before someone says but the Kings won the cup.  Before that glimmer, AEG was being crucified by Kings fans.  It's also nice that Anschutz hasn't gone to many games, even when they made the cup.

yep.

although the kings team that won the cup was arguably the worst team in the last 20 years to win it all (maybe behind carolina).

that was a total cinderella fluke. 

not that they arent/werent talented, but no way were they the best team or even in the top third.

but they, thats the playoffs sometimes.

good for them.

yep.

although the kings team that won the cup was arguably the worst team in the last 20 years to win it all (maybe behind carolina).

that was a total cinderella fluke. 

not that they arent/werent talented, but no way were they the best team or even in the top third.

but they, thats the playoffs sometimes.

good for them.

The Kings with Terry Murray and Jack Johnson were not a very good team.

The Kings with Darryl Sutter and Jeff Carter...well the record speaks for itself. Even with the post-cup hangover.

I mean it isn't like the Kings weren't mentioned as a cup contender at the beginning of last year.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=377424

I mean look at the roster. But Murray sure as hell wasn't the right coach for them. They needed a coach who would allow them to be more offensively creative (sure as hell would have been hard to be less creative) and lit a fire under their collective asses (cough Brown cough Doughty cough).

yeah i agree.

like ive said for a few years the kings were due to get to a championship window, i just didnt expect it to happen last year.

my view was as long as lombardi doesnt blow it up and jettison the kids theyll be OK in a few years.

i like the kings, i love anze and i especially love that they got both the philly big guns and won with them.

but last year was insane cinderella. they played out of their gords come playoff time.

cant knock em though, good for them.

love that you guys won it before the sharks.