• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MS to abandon WP8 for WP9... SHOCKED!

nate

Would be very shortsighted if true.  While Windows 8 doesn't have app support right now.  The idea of a laptop/desktop computer to tablet seamless transition was a big plus.  And with more personal computers going the hybrid direction, it seemed like a logical choice.  

If they giveup on this, it may be their end.  Besides windows, and the dying PC market, does anyone really use a Microsoft product?  I used to use Word, Excel, and powerpoint a lot, but with google drive, I haven't used any of those at all.  

That would suck and I guess it is possible that MS will jump out of mobile, but I think that the person who wrote that is COMPLETELY misinterpreting what they are reading. If they are dropping support for WP8 but are upgrading ALL WP8 handsets to the next version of the OS, that's hardly the same as abandoning the OS. In fact, they're pretty much making a commitment that neither Apple nor any of Google's hardware partners will actually make.

Terrible headline is terrrible. I am sure that eventually Microsoft will stop making Windows 8 phones. However this will be because they will be making Windows 9 phones. Microsoft is switching their release schedule on the desktop to match Apple's yearly release and their phone will have the same update schedule as their peers.