• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Conger, Grandal have been top pitch framers of 2013

Iannetta has done a shitty job this year and from what I know, some pitchers aren't too happy with his receiving abilities this season.

What the F is up with Scioscia defending him? 

As I mentioned in the other Iannetta thread, it could simply be that they are showcasing Iannetta right now for a trade and S-C-I-O-S-C-I-A is saying nice things to support the idea that Iannetta is good. That could be totally wrong but if you are trying to sell a product you don't talk about how shitty it is?

As I mentioned in the other Iannetta thread, it could simply be that they are showcasing Iannetta right now for a trade and S-C-I-O-S-C-I-A is saying nice things to support the idea that Iannetta is good. That could be totally wrong but if you are trying to sell a product you don't talk about how shitty it is?

Would be nice, but I think it's wishful thinking, especially for how he blew his stack over the questions yesterday.

Iannetta has done a shitty job this year and from what I know, some pitchers aren't too happy with his receiving abilities this season.

Again, I find it ironic that so many pitchers do not Ianetta, and so many praised Mathis.  Yet this board hated Mathis.  I guess now how the pitchers feel about their receiving mates is important.  It wasn't two years ago!

I also find it ironic that our strength, starting pitching, fell off once the hated Mathis is traded!

Would be nice, but I think it's wishful thinking, especially for how he blew his stack over the questions yesterday.

Maybe, but Iannetta is relatively cheap at $4.975 (2014) and $5.525 (2015) the next two seasons. As of today, among catchers with 100 or more plate appearances, he is ranked 27th out of 54 catchers in OPS, so there might be a team like the Tigers that would have interest in acquiring him (or perhaps the Cardinals if Yadier Molina is out longer than they expect). A team weak in OBP might want him too (or a team that wants to keep its OBP high, like the Tigers and Cardinals).

Any update on how long Molina is going to be out?   The Cards are a smartly run franchise, but they might bite on an Iannetta trade, if they can't find a temp replacement for Molina anywhere else.

C Yadier Molina (sprained right knee) went on the 15-day disabled list July 31. As of Aug. 6, he was throwing and seemed likely to come off the DL on Aug. 15.

I think hanging onto both Conger and Iannetta makes the most sense, honestly.

I don't have a problem with shifting the playing time around in Conger's favor, but this team doesn't have anyone in the catching ranks that is close that looks like anything more than a light hitting backup. And the FA market is either guys who are going to get everyday jobs somewhere, or roster filler caliber backups.

Given the concerns that still come with Conger, particularly in regards to durability, having someone better than a generic backup in case something happens seems like a good idea.

Any update on how long Molina is going to be out?   The Cards are a smartly run franchise, but they might bite on an Iannetta trade, if they can't find a temp replacement for Molina anywhere else. 

I don't think he has even resumed baseball activities yet? It does open a chance for us to expand the trade and send Aybar and Iannetta to the Cardinals for Carlos Martinez or Michael Wacha. Apparently, before the deadline, there was some discussion between the Angels and the Cardinals on Aybar but I don't think the Cardinals wanted to give up either one of those young arms.

Perhaps an extended Molina injury might change the Cardinals minds? I'd love either one of those pitchers but Carlos Martinez is my personal choice.