• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NFL draft is now wide open

Brandon

Regardless if they drafted that OL or not this draft was already open.  There's no franchise QB worth a top 10 pick, the DT from Utah has a heart condition that kept him from working out at the combine and with the rookie salary cap teams at the top aren't shitting bricks about paying some unproven player 50M+ over the life of his rookie contract.  There's a lot of depth but there might not even be a QB/WR/RB drafted until the second half of the first round.

Yeah I thought Star Louteleli (spelling?) would be a top 3 pick before that news broke. I have no idea what will happen in this draft, which makes it kind of nice. I still won't watch it because I think it is rather boring but the results should be interesting. I doubt anyone really wants to trade up to number 1 though nando, as there really isn't a clear-cut "can't miss" impact player. So, being the homer that I am, I will say Dion Jordan is the best prospect in this draft.

That's why i said it's wide open.

Chiefs lock up their major needs before the draft, Star's heart condition, and Jarvis Jones has a spine condition that has his stock dropping.

There are at least three really stellar OL and teams like Miami who is going to let Long walk along with others needing OL help may bite. It's also easier to jump up not having to pay some dude 50m guaranteed before he even puts on a helmet. 

Regardless if they drafted that OL or not this draft was already open.  There's no franchise QB worth a top 10 pick, the DT from Utah has a heart condition that kept him from working out at the combine and with the rookie salary cap teams at the top aren't shitting bricks about paying some unproven player 50M+ over the life of his rookie contract.  There's a lot of depth but there might not even be a QB/WR/RB drafted until the second half of the first round.

One month avatar bet that Smith, Manuel, Barkley, and Lacy ALL go in the top half of the 1st round.

I am hoping that the Chargers sign someone in free agency who can play right tackle initially but has the ability to slide over to left tackle in the instance that Gaither gets hurt.  They already signed King Dunlap but I think we would be bettered served to have another guy there to start and let Dunlap be the backup at both tackle spots.

If we go this direction, I believe it puts us in a better position to NOT reach at #11.  I'd love to get a supreme pass rusher at that spot (Ansah, Jordan, J. Jones, Mingo) and get a young cornerback with our #2 pick.  Assemble a young, talented, monstrous D.  Then draft O-lineman in the 3rd and 4th rounds that wouldn't necessarily have to start right away.  Should see more movement of the remaining left tackles now that Long has signed with the Rams.