• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/27/24): Twins @ Angels: Soriano on the mound, no Sano, Neto hitting 2nd

I missed the game but it looks like Adell tried to keep them in it with a two run blast in the second.

Trout came up gooseeggs, again. Neto's hitting streak ended by moving him into the #2 spot. So much bullshit in the pitching line, including proving Hicks pitches just as bad as he hits. 

Such an easy schedule for the Angels (according to Swordsman78), how could a game like this happen?

Not a good omen when MLB Extra Innings switched to the Twins broadcast after the Angels feed began without any sound. Those guys began gloating when the ball/strike mistakes went their way. And it got progressively worse as you'd expect. 

Obviously the signs of a blowout came in the first inning and the Soriano/Suarez combo began the fireworks. But as usual, Angel defense added fuel to the fire when the score was relatively close. And the Adell and Rengifo plays were just plain bush league bad. 

Again as is the new normal, Trout did nothing when he had a chance to turn the game around. From there, just a pretty sad exhibition. Against a fairly average team. 

Not much more need to be said except that the team is a mess. For the record, another series lost. Home or away doesn't matter

4 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Not much more need to be said except that the team is a mess. For the record, another series lost. Home or away doesn't matter

Hey, no worries, though: at least they're playing the Phillies next! Oh, wait...

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Any word on Drury? It looks like he's playing hurt at this point.

He hurt his hamstring a while back. That's why he missed a few games completely and only pinch-hit in a couple others.  Probably still bothering him. 

5 hours ago, Lhalo said:

I want Trout on that team. Dude needs to play for a winner and get into the playoffs. 

Does he really deserve that,  playing for a team that can drag him into the playoffs?  You want to see him go 0 for 4 in the playoffs?  I don't. 

11 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Not a good omen when MLB Extra Innings switched to the Twins broadcast after the Angels feed began without any sound. Those guys began gloating when the ball/strike mistakes went their way. And it got progressively worse as you'd expect. 

consider it a blessing you didn't have to listen to o'neal.

• mmc locked this topic
  • Chuck unlocked this topic
On 4/28/2024 at 6:16 AM, Lhalo said:

I want Trout on that team. Dude needs to play for a winner and get into the playoffs. 

I know what you are saying, Lhalo. I think well of your opinions, but I have to be somewhat nuanced with my response. The Angels were, for the most part, winners when he first came up, all the way to 2015, with two losing seasons, 2010, 2013 sprinkled in. I agree with you on a lot of posts and opinions, and while I understand the sentiment here and wish Trout had gotten to experience team success, I have somewhat soured a bit on that sentiment for these reasons: first, let's go all the way back to 2014 and his only postseason appearance. The Angels finished that season with the best record in baseball, earning home field advantage throughout the AL-side of the postseason. In three games, with a much better supporting cast that season than now, what did Trout do? He went 1 for 13 with that one hit being a bases empty homerun. He was absolutely a nonfactor in that series. A team's superstar(s) are expected to shine in those situations, that is why they get paid the big bucks -- yes, that was before his mega-deal, but he was still very well paid back then. Perhaps if he played better -- yes, the rest of his team failed, too -- in the lone postseason series -- with no win -- he may have had a great postseason experience. Second, he has become injury prone to the tune of being on the injured list for large swaths over the course of the last three to four seasons. Third, he is not particularly a clutch hitter in make-or-break, game-on-the-line situations. Fourth, no team is going to take on his huge contract with his lack of postseason experience and success, but especially because he is injury prone now. The playoff-caliber teams probably do not need him; they already have stars, which is why they are playoff caliber. Yes, maybe Philly -- perhaps -- due to sentimentality, but even they may not be willing to be saddled with said contract. Fifth, a player of Trout's stature and talent will command from the Angels a big haul in talented, blue-chip prospects and a good major league player or two. No team, certainly not a playoff-caliber one, is going to roll the dice on their future for that contract, particularly in light of said injury history.  If the Angels wanted to maximize his trade potential and value, that deal had to be sprung by 2019. That ship has sailed. Mike Trout will finish his career as an Angel, which I am happy to say. And yes, hopefully he does get the chance to play in postseason again. He is going to have to be a leader and carry this team more than he has in a long time in order for that to happen. Again, I wish he did get the chance to play in postseason, and in a World Series. But he does share some of blame and responsibility for his team's lack of success since 2014. That is the burden of being a superstar. Those accolades, along with the huge salary, comes with a whole lot of expectations. Fair or unfair, that is just the way it is.

2 hours ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

I know what you are saying, Lhalo. I think well of your opinions, but I have to be somewhat nuanced with my response. The Angels were, for the most part, winners when he first came up, all the way to 2015, with two losing seasons, 2010, 2013 sprinkled in. I agree with you on a lot of posts and opinions, and while I understand the sentiment here and wish Trout had gotten to experience team success, I have somewhat soured a bit on that sentiment for these reasons: first, let's go all the way back to 2014 and his only postseason appearance. The Angels finished that season with the best record in baseball, earning home field advantage throughout the AL-side of the postseason. In three games, with a much better supporting cast that season than now, what did Trout do? He went 1 for 13 with that one hit being a bases empty homerun. He was absolutely a nonfactor in that series. A team's superstar(s) are expected to shine in those situations, that is why they get paid the big bucks -- yes, that was before his mega-deal, but he was still very well paid back then. Perhaps if he played better -- yes, the rest of his team failed, too -- in the lone postseason series -- with no win -- he may have had a great postseason experience. Second, he has become injury prone to the tune of being on the injured list for large swaths over the course of the last three to four seasons. Third, he is not particularly a clutch hitter in make-or-break, game-on-the-line situations. Fourth, no team is going to take on his huge contract with his lack of postseason experience and success, but especially because he is injury prone now. The playoff-caliber teams probably do not need him; they already have stars, which is why they are playoff caliber. Yes, maybe Philly -- perhaps -- due to sentimentality, but even they may not be willing to be saddled with said contract. Fifth, a player of Trout's stature and talent will command from the Angels a big haul in talented, blue-chip prospects and a good major league player or two. No team, certainly not a playoff-caliber one, is going to roll the dice on their future for that contract, particularly in light of said injury history.  If the Angels wanted to maximize his trade potential and value, that deal had to be sprung by 2019. That ship has sailed. Mike Trout will finish his career as an Angel, which I am happy to say. And yes, hopefully he does get the chance to play in postseason again. He is going to have to be a leader and carry this team more than he has in a long time in order for that to happen. Again, I wish he did get the chance to play in postseason, and in a World Series. But he does share some of blame and responsibility for his team's lack of success since 2014. That is the burden of being a superstar. Those accolades, along with the huge salary, comes with a whole lot of expectations. Fair or unfair, that is just the way it is.

It’s just the inner-kid in me hoping for my favorite player of all time to reach the WS. I know it’s not realistic but I have a dream.