• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Fan Fest

In the spirit of the cold stove and our teams lack of movement also some one posting up about Jose Guillen got me thinking back to the days of Fan Fest. What ever happened to this event before the season ? I remember going every year I knew about it and now nothing. You would think it would be a good way to get fans behind a team that on paper is not so good if folks could actually meet the players and get pictures,autographs and the such. Arte could get Del Taco to give dicount tacos in the parking lot. Are we the only team in baseball that doesnt have one of these events ?

the reds have a huge fan fest every year. all kinds of activities and such, and they also throw in a card/memorabilia show as well. reds fans absolutely love it.

the angels need to do something like this. bring in some alumni to speak to the fans, have some contests for the kids, throw in a big card/memorabilia show and you've got yourself a party plus a lot of good will for the fanbase.

42 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'm thankful you don't have video of me pissing off tim mead by asking about improving the catching position now that mathis was gone.

I'm pissed that he doesn't, and thankful that you did. This gave me a good laugh, now THAT would be some gold footage. 

17 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

I'm pissed that he doesn't, and thankful that you did. This gave me a good laugh, now THAT would be some gold footage. 

yeah, it was the meeting on sunday morning with early access to batting practice, and my question insinuated that mathis wasn't very good. he just bristled over that suggestion and made his answer a complete defense of mathis and how much everyone on the team loved him, even the guys like him in the front office. 

That would require ownership who actually gave a damn about the team's fans, as opposed to simply giving a damn about their money.  That other team up the road has had one for years, and it's been free up until this year.  They're supposedly charging $10, because they know there's huge interest now thanks to the fact they recently signed some superstar player.

One would think that a team like the Angels would want to hold such an event, to perhaps take people's mind off recent events, but I guess their owner has more important things, or a person, to put his money behind.  A-hole!