• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade for Randy Arozanera

MPohleece

Let's compare two players, 2021-23:

Player A: 445 games, .264/.349/.443, 126 wRC+, 3.4 per 150 games

Player B: 297 games, .265/.346/.449, 121 wRC+, 3.1 WAR per 150 games

They're virtually identical, with Player A being a fraction better. Neither are true stars, but good, above average regulars.

The players are Arozarena and Ward, respectively.

17 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

They're virtually identical, with Player A being a fraction better. Neither are true stars, but good, above average regulars.

Thank you!

After looking at Arozerena’s numbers, I just don’t get all the hub bub around him.

Glasnow, despite the low hits and high Ks, has rarely been healthy for a season.  
Doesn’t seem like someone to take a risk on?

15 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Thank you!

After looking at Arozerena’s numbers, I just don’t get all the hub bub around him.

Glasnow, despite the low hits and high Ks, has rarely been healthy for a season.  
Doesn’t seem like someone to take a risk on?

There are some metrics that hint there’s another level to be reached there.

Another Ward wouldn’t be a bad thing. He is a bit overrated though.

Edited by totdprods

4 minutes ago, ELEVEN said:

Sandoval has ace potential and a competent pitching coach should bring it out of him.

No way I'd involve him in any trade.

He's had like three pitching coaches here already, and while I'm excited about Enright, not sure how many pitching coaches it's gonna take. 

He has pretty considerable trade value right now. No qualms keeping him, but cashing in that value in the right trade, and in the right offseason context (consider this and next winter's pitching-rich FA crops) I still think it'd be better for the Angels to shop him or cash in that value.

On 12/2/2023 at 6:42 PM, Angelsjunky said:

Worth pointing out, though, that Ward's is based on a really good 2022, followed by a barely above league average 2023 which concluded with a significant injury. Before 2022, Ward was that same slightly-better-than-league-average player or worse. Arozarena had an amazing 2020 (only 23 games, though) followed by 3 full of seasons of a consistent 125ish wRC+. Ward *could* be around there, but calling Arozarena a fraction better feels extremely generous to Ward until he proves he can rebound to that level. 

6 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Worth pointing out, though, that Ward's is based on a really good 2022, followed by a barely above league average 2023 which concluded with a significant injury. Before 2022, Ward was that same slightly-better-than-league-average player or worse. Arozarena had an amazing 2020 (only 23 games, though) followed by 3 full of seasons of a consistent 125ish wRC+. Ward *could* be around there, but calling Arozarena a fraction better feels extremely generous to Ward until he proves he can rebound to that level. 

Yeah, I hear you. I guess I'm more bullish on Ward's upside with the bat. He struggled early on in 2023, but then found his groove and was mashing for the last couple months or so. Meaning, it depends upon who you think the "real" Ward is. I think we haven't really seen a consistent season from him, due to injuries. And that might be the problem: like Trout, he seems prone to them. But if he manages a healthy season, I see a 140-150 wRC+.