• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

iebruin aka Lou & family

stpat373

9 hours ago, stpat373 said:

First off, all of us  cannot express how much your kind words about our brother Lou have meant to us. We've been reading your comments and messages. Second, thanks to the many who have reached out privately. I tried to write reach of you back it's been too difficult. So I thought I would send this out to the Angel Win family. I was given the difficult job of going to through my brother's tablet to find some pictures we can use for his services this Friday, September 8th. You wouldn't believe the amount of screenshots he had of your posts going back SEVERAL years! He loved this site and it brought him joy until his final days. He had 3 tabs open so he could read all the wonderful, funny and especially smart ass comments you all made about him after learning about his health. This site brought him so much joy. Some have asked about sending flowers, cards or well wishes. What you may not know is that our brother wanted to move to Mexico and help with kids and children who are in need of assistance (orphanages). My sister and oldest brother are in the process of finding a charity that will help. So if you'd like, please wait on the flowers and I'll post something once it's been solidified. He had this group picture pinned to his photo log so it shows up first. next picture, Lou is the one on the left taken WAY back in the day and finally, his marker that will be at his burial site. Thanks again for everything...and GO HALOS! 

IMG_8506.jpeg

IMG_8507.jpeg

IMG_0477.jpeg

@stpat373 thanks so much for sharing this. My gosh I miss your brother I speak not just for myself but literally everyone here at AngelsWin. 

I would be thrilled to support an orphanage in Mexico on behalf of Lou and the Garcia family.

I did a missions trip to Tijuana 4 years ago to help build & remodel a local church and after school place for kids to go and learn, play games, have activities and have a meal after school so they could stay off the streets while their parents worked to make ends meet. But more importantly stay away from those in the drug cartels who recruited young boys at such an early age to sell drugs around the area for them. Most were kidnapped and groomed to be mules or in sex trafficking. 

12 hours ago, stpat373 said:

First off, all of us  cannot express how much your kind words about our brother Lou have meant to us. We've been reading your comments and messages. Second, thanks to the many who have reached out privately. I tried to write reach of you back it's been too difficult. So I thought I would send this out to the Angel Win family. I was given the difficult job of going to through my brother's tablet to find some pictures we can use for his services this Friday, September 8th. You wouldn't believe the amount of screenshots he had of your posts going back SEVERAL years! He loved this site and it brought him joy until his final days. He had 3 tabs open so he could read all the wonderful, funny and especially smart ass comments you all made about him after learning about his health. This site brought him so much joy. Some have asked about sending flowers, cards or well wishes. What you may not know is that our brother wanted to move to Mexico and help with kids and children who are in need of assistance (orphanages). My sister and oldest brother are in the process of finding a charity that will help. So if you'd like, please wait on the flowers and I'll post something once it's been solidified. He had this group picture pinned to his photo log so it shows up first. next picture, Lou is the one on the left taken WAY back in the day and finally, his marker that will be at his burial site. Thanks again for everything...and GO HALOS! 

IMG_8506.jpeg

IMG_8507.jpeg

IMG_0477.jpeg

Ok, I am absolutely stunned that he knew so much of the 1970s Long Beach State teams while being close to my age.  

His knowledge was amazing.

Edited by stormngt

On 9/3/2023 at 10:10 PM, stpat373 said:

IMG_8506.jpeg

IMG_8507.jpeg

IMG_0477.jpeg

thanks, pat. he'd love that grave marker.

he told me not too long ago that he was seriously looking at retiring and moving to mexico, but he didn't go into any details. thanks for providing those here.

this also solves the mystery of his age. 

On 4/6/2022 at 2:11 PM, T.G. said:

I'd guess Lou is between 60 and 65.

On 4/6/2022 at 2:20 PM, Lou said:

not safe for work no GIF

17 hours ago, Tank said:

this also solves the mystery of his age. 

So... I was in the ballpark after all.  At the time of my post he was a five days from turning 60.

On 9/4/2023 at 10:56 AM, stormngt said:

Ok, I am absolutely stunned that he knew so much of the 1970s Long Beach State teams while being close to my age.  

His knowledge was amazing.

LB State and UCLA’s NCAAT rivalry in the early 1970’s was a good one, three straight years (including two West Regional finals).

8 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

LB State and UCLA’s NCAAT rivalry in the early 1970’s was a good one, three straight years (including two West Regional finals).

71, Bruins came back from 2nd half 12 point deficit win by two.  Only game in his career that All American Eddie Ratliff fouled out.  Saw the video about ten years ago.  Last three fouls i call phantom calls.