• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/29/23) Angels @ Phillies: Anderson vs. Lorenzen on the mound

Who remembers this game? I was listening in my room doing homework. 

I ended up nearly giving my mom a heart attack who was passed out on the couch in the living room as I busted through my bedroom door screaming like my ass was on fire after Dick Schofield hit that walk-off grand slam. 

Best. Come Back. Ever. 

#8 on our Top-50 Greatest Moments in Angels Baseball feature. 

48 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Who remembers this game? I was listening in my room doing homework. 

I ended up nearly giving my mom a heart attack who was passed out on the couch in the living room as I busted through my bedroom door screaming like my ass was on fire after Dick Schofield hit that walk-off grand slam. 

Best. Come Back. Ever. 

#8 on our Top-50 Greatest Moments in Angels Baseball feature. 

Same here. I was listening to the game on the radio in my bedroom. I scared my parents when I went crazy after the home run. I knew then they were definitely going to win the AL West. Everything was going great until a little over a month later when Gene Mauch decided to remove their best pitcher (Mike Witt) from the most important moment in Angels' history to that point.

12 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

Same here. I was listening to the game on the radio in my bedroom. I scared my parents when I went crazy after the home run. I knew then they were definitely going to win the AL West. Everything was going great until a little over a month later when Gene Mauch decided to remove their best pitcher (Mike Witt) from the most important moment in Angels' history to that point.

And didn’t take Moore out after the 10th inning.   Finley was ready, and Moore was likely running on fumes.

In fact, Witt could have pitched carefully to Gedman in the 9th.  Even though he was the tying run, walking him wasn’t a big deal because Witt dominated Henderson.   Even Henderson said in later years that he had no chance against Witt.

Lucas had NEVER closed, to my recollection.  And it showed, HBP on the very first pitch!

Edited by Angel Oracle

With Rengifo’s solid hitting vs RHP in the past two months, and his domination in the lead off spot, surprised he isn’t hitting lead off against everyone now.

Should be Rengifo, Schanuel, Ohtani, Drury, Moose in the first 5 spots.

And once Neto is activated, bench Grichuk and put Rengifo in LF.  Grichuk can come in late in games for defense.

Edited by Angel Oracle

20 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

GO ANGELS!!!!

12.5 behind Seattle in the West, 11.5 behind Texas and Houston in the WC, 6 under .500, all with 30 games to play. Technically, there's still a chance. A microscopic chance.

Anyway, win tonight and the Angels won't fall further behind, for at least another day.

Angels have to go 27-3 to win 90, and that might not be enough for the 3rd wild card. 

Play all the youngsters in September when the roster enlarges.

22 minutes ago, Blarg said:

@jsnpritchett Going to need a new lineup card, Renfroe and Grichuk are gone.

9 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Until they're either claimed or cleared waivers, I don't think anything changes.

Btw, Fletcher's article confirms that nothing changes until they're claimed or clear waivers: they're on the active roster.  This isn't the same as DFA'ing someone.

13 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

EDITED VERSION:

Giolito may have pitched his last Angels game.  On Waivers. Lopez and Moore. too. Among a few others. Please, anybody, take these guys off our hands. 

Contact Perry Minasian.

Love the message this sends - Produce or you're gone...

"Paging Rendon... Anthony Rendon...???"