• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPN: On Shohei Ohtani, the urgency that surrounds this year’s Angels, the uncertainty thereafter, and Arte Moreno’s place in all of it …

Chuck

8 hours ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

I had the opportunity to go with a group to last Saturday's games.

I declined, without hesitation.

I Refuse to attend another game while the team is owned by the current owner.  I Refuse to listen to Roger Lodge in the afternoon on the radio station he owns.

I despise him for so many reasons, only 1 of which is how he has ended up wasting the careers of 2 of this century's greatest baseball players, one of whom is weeks away from escaping, with the Angels getting Nothing in return.

It disgusts me that after he has decimated this Franchise, and left it in ruins, he's going to cash out, and make a huge profit on his investment, purely due to the fact that sports teams are commanding insane dollar amounts upon sale, regardless of how good they are.

Patience grasshopper.

The owner is a Narcissist, and he openly supports Narcissists.  When Ohtani signs elsewhere, he should look in the mirror to place blame, or accept a sizable amount of it.  I seriously doubt that he will though, because that’s not what narcissists do.  My guess is he’ll point to injuries.  Well what about 2022, 2021, 2020, etc.?  The Angels did not get to this point overnight.  And Ohtani’s departure won’t result from 1 injury riddled season.  The organization had years to prove to him that they were worthy of his presence, and they failed miserably.  I’ll be mildly impressed if Artie takes “ownership” of the situation, but I’m not expecting that.

The only thing that will make this more embarrassing as an Angels fan, would be watching Shohei go up the road and lead a team like the Dodgers to a title.

6 minutes ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

The owner is a Narcissist, and he openly supports Narcissists.  When Ohtani signs elsewhere, he should look in the mirror to place blame, or accept a sizable amount of it.  I seriously doubt that he will though, because that’s not what narcissists do.  My guess is he’ll point to injuries.  Well what about 2022, 2021, 2020, etc.?  The Angels did not get to this point overnight.  And Ohtani’s departure won’t result from 1 injury riddled season.  The organization had years to prove to him that they were worthy of his presence, and they failed miserably.  I’ll be mildly impressed if Artie takes “ownership” of the situation, but I’m not expecting that.

The only thing that will make this more embarrassing as an Angels fan, would be watching Shohei go up the road and lead a team like the Dodgers to a title.

You’ll be pumped if that happens. 

9 hours ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

I say again to anybody who doesn't want to read my posts, PLEASE put me on Ignore.  Do it right now.  Then you won't have to read a word I say.

I Never said that I was boycotting the Angels.  I said I was boycotting their Owner.  I can watch them on TV without putting money in the owner's pocket via ticket sales.

I do happen to be a fan of Mike Trout, and having lived in O.C. since 1978, I have attended my share of games and supported the team for several decades now.

Pointing out what ownership has done to this Franchise is a whole lot different than actively rooting for them to lose, which you are basically insinuating with your comment.  As a Fan, I have the right to voice complaints, and point out the mistakes made my ownership and management.  My comments are tame compared to what a fan in New York would be saying right  now.  So sorry that I hurt your snowflake feelings with my criticism of this spectacular owner, who has brought so much success to the Angels franchise these past 2 decades.

The television revenue dwarfs the tickets sale revenue.  That is The real reason they are making so much money.  The worst thing you can do to boycott is watch the game on television, you are driving the ad revenue.  Read a book to boycott. 

1 hour ago, thebloob said:

The television revenue dwarfs the tickets sale revenue.  That is The real reason they are making so much money.  The worst thing you can do to boycott is watch the game on television, you are driving the ad revenue.  Read a book to boycott. 

Or have basic cable with Ballys. 

Too much has been put on make-or-break year for halos. Angels will have team in 2024. This looks like 8th straight losing season for whatever reason. Angels this off season will be very interesting. Lose Ohtani you figure what direction you are going to go in. This season had a lot of hope but things just did not work out. It did not work out for Mets, Padres or Yankees and they spend ton of money. Baseball is a big part of most on AW but still just a distraction from real life. Win or lose fans will watch games today that is part of being a true fan. Some of my best moments have come from going to an Angel game. My dad, friends and my kids memories you carry for a lifetime. This is not make or break year as no matter what happens I will be watching next year.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Too much has been put on make-or-break year for halos. Angels will have team in 2024. This looks like 8th straight losing season for whatever reason. Angels this off season will be very interesting. Lose Ohtani you figure what direction you are going to go in. This season had a lot of hope but things just did not work out. It did not work out for Mets, Padres or Yankees and they spend ton of money. Baseball is a big part of most on AW but still just a distraction from real life. Win or lose fans will watch games today that is part of being a true fan. Some of my best moments have come from going to an Angel game. My dad, friends and my kids memories you carry for a lifetime. This is not make or break year as no matter what happens I will be watching next year.

As long as DOMINATOR closer Angels be good team next year guarantee.

17 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

September should be interesting.

If Neto could get healthy, I'd at least like to see what he, O'Hoppe and Schanuel look like....maybe see if Silseth can sustain things....maybe Joyce and Bachman if they can get healthy....that's all I got....

Just now, DMVol said:

If Neto could get healthy, I'd at least like to see what he, O'Hoppe and Schanuel look like....maybe see if Silseth can sustain things....maybe Joyce and Bachman if they can get healthy....that's all I got....

Fletcher's update yesterday mentioned that Bachman and Joyce would be be back mid-September at the earliest, unfortunately.  😞

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Fletcher's update yesterday mentioned that Bachman and Joyce would be be back mid-September at the earliest, unfortunately.  😞

I saw that....I wouldn't push it but if they are healthy, you'd like to see them for a couple of weeks, to help evaluate for next season...