• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Public Service Announcement

This one is for all of you who have kids, specifically sons. (Or those of you youngsters on this site).

In the past 2 years or so, a new scam has gone crazy. Essentially lonely and naive young men being randomly friended by a smoking hot chick way out of their league on social media. Smoking hot chick randomly finds them and thinks their cute, and wants to be friends.

As the dirty talk flys, random hot chick sends nudes. Asks for nudes in return. "Noooo! I want one with your face"

Horney young guy falls for it and does it.

Immediately random hot chick is really a man (duh... in real life random hot chick's don't need to find strange men... they have all they need in real life). They in turn extort as much out of young dumb guy as possible, with the threat being they will send the naked picture of you to everyone on your social media.

I've had calls like this where these young guys have paid up to $1000

And surprise surprise, the initial demand is never enough. They asked for 100 and it turned into how ever much you'll pay them until you finally stop paying them.

Also. For anyone wondering. It's all on ghost phone numbers, all overseas. So the Police can't help you.

Anyhow. I've taken so many of these that all I do at this point is laugh, and lecture the kid like an older brother or single uncle of the family. Telling these young guys about reality (no actual hot chick wants you. This doesn't happen in real life, much less she randomly dug on your boring instagram). I tell them learn from it for next time, and block them. They aren't going to blast your picture. Chalk it up to lesson learned.

And essentially these guys walk away a few hundred dollars broker but with a new perspective on life. Worst of it.

Well, we had another one on Monday night. They got 200 bucks from some 14 year old.

His parents found out, and brought him to the station yesterday at 1230 to make a report. Then they went home.

At 1:26, less than an hour after making the report, he went to his parents bedroom, got Dads gun, and shot himself in the head.

He was still alive when I left the hospital last night, but that's just because his heart hasn't stopped beating. Doesn't know it's supposed to. He's young and healthy.

But whereas he went to the hospital, the majority of his brain stayed on his bedroom floor. So he might not die for a few more days (again, young and healthy), but he already has, even in the best case scenario (that machines keep him alive).

Totally normal kid. Boy Scouts, with good grades. And some asshole Indian (though we've also traced them to the Phillipines and Nigeria, for whatever reason this particular scam seems based in India) created that whole thing for 200 dollars.

And will do it a few hundred more times until this scam is finally exposed to the masses and it doesn't work anymore.

• Lou changed the title to Public Service Announcement
1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Just going to get worse with AI.  Especially with AI scanning all social media and everything else.  Just like in real life, 99.9% of the people could use it legitimately and for great purposes. It's that 0.1% that ruins it for everyone else.  

Was just thinking about this yesterday. Things like this are only going to get worse.

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

This one is for all of you who have kids, specifically sons. (Or those of you youngsters on this site).

In the past 2 years or so, a new scam has gone crazy. Essentially lonely and naive young men being randomly friended by a smoking hot chick way out of their league on social media. Smoking hot chick randomly finds them and thinks their cute, and wants to be friends.

As the dirty talk flys, random hot chick sends nudes. Asks for nudes in return. "Noooo! I want one with your face"

Horney young guy falls for it and does it.

Immediately random hot chick is really a man (duh... in real life random hot chick's don't need to find strange men... they have all they need in real life). They in turn extort as much out of young dumb guy as possible, with the threat being they will send the naked picture of you to everyone on your social media.

I've had calls like this where these young guys have paid up to $1000

And surprise surprise, the initial demand is never enough. They asked for 100 and it turned into how ever much you'll pay them until you finally stop paying them.

Also. For anyone wondering. It's all on ghost phone numbers, all overseas. So the Police can't help you.

Anyhow. I've taken so many of these that all I do at this point is laugh, and lecture the kid like an older brother or single uncle of the family. Telling these young guys about reality (no actual hot chick wants you. This doesn't happen in real life, much less she randomly dug on your boring instagram). I tell them learn from it for next time, and block them. They aren't going to blast your picture. Chalk it up to lesson learned.

And essentially these guys walk away a few hundred dollars broker but with a new perspective on life. Worst of it.

Well, we had another one on Monday night. They got 200 bucks from some 14 year old.

His parents found out, and brought him to the station yesterday at 1230 to make a report. Then they went home.

At 1:26, less than an hour after making the report, he went to his parents bedroom, got Dads gun, and shot himself in the head.

He was still alive when I left the hospital last night, but that's just because his heart hasn't stopped beating. Doesn't know it's supposed to. He's young and healthy.

But whereas he went to the hospital, the majority of his brain stayed on his bedroom floor. So he might not die for a few more days (again, young and healthy), but he already has, even in the best case scenario (that machines keep him alive).

Totally normal kid. Boy Scouts, with good grades. And some asshole Indian (though we've also traced them to the Phillipines and Nigeria, for whatever reason this particular scam seems based in India) created that whole thing for 200 dollars.

And will do it a few hundred more times until this scam is finally exposed to the masses and it doesn't work anymore.

I honestly don't think anyone under 18 should be on social media. I know the cat is out of the bag now, but teenage minds aren't equipped to deal with the bad actors who will take advantage of them.

For example, a young man in our family has become taken in with Andrew Tate on TikTok. Dude is a human trafficker and scammer who spreads horrific messages about masculinity and femininity. These assholes specifically target teenage boys and eventually get them to buy BS products that supposedly will help them be more alluring to women, all while turning the young men into incels.

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I honestly don't think anyone under 18 should be on social media. I know the cat is out of the bag now, but teenage minds aren't equipped to deal with the bad actors who will take advantage of them.

For example, a young man in our family has become taken in with Andrew Tate on TikTok. Dude is a human trafficker and scammer who spreads horrific messages about masculinity and femininity. These assholes specifically target teenage boys and eventually get them to buy BS products that supposedly will help them be more alluring to women, all while turning the young men into incels.

Dude Tate is awesome.    You’re just controlled by your wife.

11 minutes ago, cals said:

Dude Tate is awesome.    You’re just controlled by your wife.

So awesome he got arrested after the Romanian police learned his location from a tweet battle with Greta Thunberg.

thanks for the heads up, TORS. i'll pass this info along to my principal. 

it's devastating new what happened to the 14 yr. old in your call last night. there's a special place in hell waiting for these scammers. 

our kids are so young and vulnerable to these kinds of things. I agree that social media just isn't for kids. they have no discernment and don't know when they're being conned. 

i've got a few kids that could very easily fall for this kind of stuff.