• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023-2024 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Pesce is gonna be in demand if he doesn't re-sign in Carolina. He and Skjei are a rock solid second pair and he's a great PKer. He's been a 'Cane lifer so he might just want to stay home but he'd be a great guy to help lead your D

Demelo is more bottom pair guy one a good team

Maybe even take a chance on Sean Walker. Not that big but great with the puck on his stick and his skating makes him a good PKer. I know you guys love your ex-Kings

4 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Pesce is gonna be in demand if he doesn't re-sign in Carolina. He and Skjei are a rock solid second pair and he's a great PKer. He's been a 'Cane lifer so he might just want to stay home but he'd be a great guy to help lead your D

Demelo is more bottom pair guy one a good team

Maybe even take a chance on Sean Walker. Not that big but great with the puck on his stick and his skating makes him a good PKer. I know you guys love your ex-Kings

Sean Walker, 5'11".  Not a Beeker guy.  Plus we have the dmen that can skate in Minty and Wegger.  We need the 1st line defense first guy.  

9 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Last person he talks about is pesche. Says he wanted out of Carolina over the summer. Go get him beeker.

Two teams off the top of my head, Toronto and Edmonton, are going to early exit these playoffs because the middle of their D is atrocious. Maybe Pesce wants to stay on this side of the border but there's going to be competition for him, maybe even Florida replaces Montour with him or the Devils lure him home

12 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Last person he talks about is pesche. Says he wanted out of Carolina over the summer. Go get him beeker.

I don't think you can make a call about FA's until you see who we get in the draft. The drafted player that high can affect other prospects future and make them available for trade. Verbeek is getting to a point in his rebuild where he's going to have to start trading some of these guys. Maybe not this summer, but it becomes an option.

I would say expect him to keep doing what he's done in the past. Though, I wouldn't be surprised to be surprised. I think he's at the point where he would move on a top line forward or defender if the fit was right. If not, expect two guys of the caliber of the last two off-seasons at between 3-5 years. Though 5 years can't be a Strome type player now. Long-term contracts on our young guys are coming.

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

If Gudas is going to miss much more time maybe they give Helleson a shot. He's a big boy who isn't afraid to lay a hit. As I said when the trade happened his ceiling is Mansonesque

I'm surprised helleson hasn't gotten the call up. With gudas out and lyubushkin traded that leaves Lindstrom as the only right shot. Maybe they are evaluating who to keep as a left d. But it would be nice to see if helleson can fit in the 1/2 slot.

7 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I don't think you can make a call about FA's until you see who we get in the draft. The drafted player that high can affect other prospects future and make them available for trade. Verbeek is getting to a point in his rebuild where he's going to have to start trading some of these guys. Maybe not this summer, but it becomes an option.

I would say expect him to keep doing what he's done in the past. Though, I wouldn't be surprised to be surprised. I think he's at the point where he would move on a top line forward or defender if the fit was right. If not, expect two guys of the caliber of the last two off-seasons at between 3-5 years. Though 5 years can't be a Strome type player now. Long-term contracts on our young guys are coming.

Within the realm of possibility. Well not really, but let's just dream. If the ducks get celebrini, what do they do? You aren't moving leo from the 1c. so celebrini as the 2c? And I can't see Mct as a winger, so do you move him to 3c or do you trade him?

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Within the realm of possibility. Well not really, but let's just dream. If the ducks get celebrini, what do they do? You aren't moving leo from the 1c. so celebrini as the 2c? And I can't see Mct as a winger, so do you move him to 3c or do you trade him?

Good question. But, I wouldn't waste my time thinking about it.

Well, of course, maybe before I say that I should ask, do you feel lucky.  Well Ducks fan, do you ?

You have to figure we get a defender.  If things happen and we pick a forward, that changes a lot. Which is why I don't think it's too meaningful to look beyond the draft.

Verbeek has said his priority is to improve scoring with the bottom 6. He can do that by bringing in a couple high quality bottom 6 guys or he can get higher quality guys and push some of our developing guys down to the 3rd line. I would think the latter is more probable if Verbeek can get the top 6 guys ( or at least one ).

We don't need another Strome. We need a veteran with some real top 6 talent.

47 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Good question. But, I wouldn't waste my time thinking about it.

Well, of course, maybe before I say that I should ask, do you feel lucky.  Well Ducks fan, do you ?

You have to figure we get a defender.  If things happen and we pick a forward, that changes a lot. Which is why I don't think it's too meaningful to look beyond the draft.

Verbeek has said his priority is to improve scoring with the bottom 6. He can do that by bringing in a couple high quality bottom 6 guys or he can get higher quality guys and push some of our developing guys down to the 3rd line. I would think the latter is more probable if Verbeek can get the top 6 guys ( or at least one ).

We don't need another Strome. We need a veteran with some real top 6 talent.

I don't know.  KilltheDucks and Stone are going to be pushes to the bottom 6.  That's 3 more expensive years of that.  To get a top 6 talent, you are going to have to spend and on top of that give years.  I just don't know if there is enough upside there, or if extending Vatrano is more in the cards.  But again, with Vatrano, you have to be careful.  Because as you can see right now, he goes hot and cold on the goal scoring, and committing too much, then him not producing is adding another to the Stone and KilltheDucks camp.  I really think that if this team is going to spend, spend it on that #1 RHD.  It's a position of need, and it's a development position of lacking.

I think Verbeek's actions have made it clear signing Vatrano is a priority.  The two acquisitions this summer will be in addition to Vatrano. I do see him acquiring a veteran defender this off-season ( or at least seriously trying). And... since he has no room for a left hand shooter, that would probably be a rhs.

Killorn won't be put on a bottom 6 line. He had injuries this season. When healthy, he's a top 6 player.

Strome is the 3rd guy on a middle 6 line. He's shown this season that with the right guys he can contribute to a scoring line .

Those two aren't hurting us offensively (it's too hard to tell defensively because of TV's limited viewing range.). They also aren't helping enough.  There's only here 3 more years until their salary's expire. Plenty early enough for the coming LT contracts.

I really haven't seen anything yet that has compromised Verbeek's LT plan. There's been mistakes - Klingburg, guys who haven't played well - Kulikov, Strome, Killorn. But most of his moves have taken us forward.

I'm still optimistic.

But I do feel he could have moved his rebuild along faster. You only need so many prospects. I think we have enough.

1 minute ago, deepdrive said:

Grouix scratched again. Are the lights going out for this guy ? This should be the time he would be getting more ice time.

Hasn't scored a goal all season.

I'll be surprised if he's signed again.

Yeah, he kind of hasn't been noticeable in the games he has been in.  So I would not be surprised if he wasn't re upped.