• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Former Angels broadcaster Victor Rojas takes job running Texas Rangers’ Double-A affiliate

Longtime Angels broadcaster Victor Rojas has been hired as the president and general manager of the Frisco Roughriders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers.

Rojas, who announced on Saturday he was leaving the Angels TV booth after 11 seasons, had demonstrated a desire to get into baseball operations when he had an interview for the Angels’ GM job earlier this offseason.

Presidents of affiliated minor league teams generally are in charge of the team’s business operations, because the players are controlled by the major league affiliate.

The new job also allows Rojas to work about 30 minutes from his full-time home in the Dallas area, rather than being away from his wife and their two children for most of the six-month major league season.

This will be Rojas’ second job in a minor league front office. He also worked for the independent Newark Bears just before beginning his broadcasting career. Prior to that, Rojas had been a minor league pitcher and a coach with the Florida Marlins.

View the full article

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'm curious . . . what owner says, "you know, i've listened to you broadcast a game. how would you like to run my team from the front office?"

It's an odd move from play-by-play to GM, to say the least.

Ray Davis 

8 hours ago, Tank said:

i'm curious . . . what owner says, "you know, i've listened to you broadcast a game. how would you like to run my team from the front office?"

It's an odd move from play-by-play to GM, to say the least.

He's been around baseball his whole life. He interviewed for Angel GM job. It's not like he's going from broad cast booth to become a brain surgeon. 

On 1/12/2021 at 7:16 AM, Angels 1961 said:

He's been around baseball his whole life. He interviewed for Angel GM job. It's not like he's going from broad cast booth to become a brain surgeon. 

This and it's AA. He's not making personnel decisions. It's a great place to learn and he seems like a pretty smart guy.