• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB, NHL, NBA sports packages on Playstation

halobob

So I'm getting pretty sick of cox only having 2 HD games at a time for the MLB, NHL, and NBA sports packages.  For the past few years it wasn't bad because the game I wanted to watch was usually on the HD channel but this year has been terrible luck on that.  When my buddy had xbox live I knew he could play all of the online sports packages through there.  I don't play video games so I have no need to waste money on an xbox live account. My question is if I buy a playstation will I be able to play mlb.tv and the NBA/NHL online packages through my playstation without paying a xbox live type monthly fee?  Are there any other options I have out there to play these packages through my TV?  Thanks guys!

So I'm getting pretty sick of cox only having 2 HD games at a time for the MLB, NHL, and NBA sports packages.  For the past few years it wasn't bad because the game I wanted to watch was usually on the HD channel but this year has been terrible luck on that.  When my buddy had xbox live I knew he could play all of the online sports packages through there.  I don't play video games so I have no need to waste money on an xbox live account. My question is if I buy a playstation will I be able to play mlb.tv and the NBA/NHL online packages through my playstation without paying a xbox live type monthly fee?  Are there any other options I have out there to play these packages through my TV?  Thanks guys!

If you switch to the whole home dvr, you will get all of the extra innings games in hd. 

dont go buy a video game system for just that stuff.

you can stream them all on appletv too, only $99.

roku too.

def do mlb.tv and not extra innings. that way you can watch it even if you arent at home.

Roku has a monthly fee though right?

Definitely going to look into appletv.  Is it just the $99 upfront cost and no monthly fees?

I know PS3 covers MLB and NHL. Not quite sure of NBA. I stream MLB on my PS3 all the time for Giants games and other big games and I love it.

Nice...I may go this route if I hear good things about the new south park video game that is coming out.

Roku has a monthly fee though right?

Definitely going to look into appletv.  Is it just the $99 upfront cost and no monthly fees?

the appletv harware is a one-time $99.

but you still have to have a subscription to the sports packages you want with any of these devices.

basically it just internet-enables your tv.

appletv has access to the full itunes store plus airplay as well.

like ive said before its worth it for airplay alone,