• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

The only issue with the “Iran deal” was that it wasn’t a treaty that passed through Congress.  

As if the republican congresss would have ever approved an Obama treaty. The orange asshole can scream to the heavens about how it was a terrible agreement as much as he wants.  The treaty served the purpose of preventing an Iranian nuclear weapon.  It had extremely thorough compliance verification.  It was perfectly solid diplomatic agreement for all parties.  

I’m not a history expert by any stretch of the imagination but wasn’t there a time that the US didn’t negotiate with terrorists or terrorist regimes? How much can we really rely on diplomacy with most of the Middle East countries?

• Replies 50k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

I’m not a history expert by any stretch of the imagination but wasn’t there a time that the US didn’t negotiate with terrorists or terrorist regimes? How much can we really rely on diplomacy with most of the Middle East countries?

So war then ? Iran will proceed with their nuclear program otherwise.  Why wouldn’t they ? Apparently within a year they could have a nuclear weapon. 

The relationship between the US and Iran is complex and fraught.  We’re hardly an innocent party.  If you’re proposing non dialogue then I disagree with you. 

I don’t think that’s what your idea is.  I just don’t understand why people just go with Donald Trumps bullshit about how it was a terrible deal.  What realistic negotiated agreement would have been “great” ?

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/us/politics/north-korea-trump-terror.html

Trump Returns North Korea to List of State Sponsors of Terrorism

Hey ! Let’s not forget saint Ronnie liked dealing with the Iranian clerics  !! We wouldn’t want to forget those wonderful times now that Oliver North is back in the news. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

28 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

So war then ? Iran will proceed with their nuclear program otherwise.  Why wouldn’t they ? Apparently within a year they could have a nuclear weapon. 

The relationship between the US and Iran is complex and fraught.  We’re hardly an innocent party.  If you’re proposing non dialogue then I disagree with you. 

I don’t think that’s what your idea is.  I just don’t understand why people just go with Donald Trumps bullshit about how it was a terrible deal.  What realistic negotiated agreement would have been “great” ?

I'm not pretending to have the answer but I think diplomacy is only a temporary solution with them.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

What he's doing with North Korea and what was done with Iran aren't even the same thing. The US was trying to bribe Iran into peace.

You're entitled to your opinion but that wasn't the point...

I’m not a history expert by any stretch of the imagination but wasn’t there a time that the US didn’t negotiate with terrorists or terrorist regimes? 

Can't have it both ways.

1 minute ago, InsideThePark said:

You're entitled to your opinion but that wasn't the point...

I’m not a history expert by any stretch of the imagination but wasn’t there a time that the US didn’t negotiate with terrorists or terrorist regimes? 

They can't have it both ways.

Outside of lifting sanctions, what would North Korea receive from us? 

34 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s not a matter of trust bud.  Again, extensive and thorough compliance verification in the agreement.  Do we want peace or not ? Diplomacy is not a 1 way street. 

I think the argument was that this wasn't sufficient. I'm not that vested in this to where I care that much. I just find it odd that the left is defending Iran's side in all of this

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think the argument was that this wasn't sufficient. I'm not that vested in this to where I care that much. I just find it odd that the left is defending Iran's side in all of this

So as usual, you're more concerned with how liberals are responding than you are with the actual issue.

Typical.

5 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

So as usual, you're more concerned with how liberals are responding than you are with the actual issue.

Typical.

How the liberals are responding is an issue. It was a bad contract but your more interested in keeping Obama legacy than fixing a problem. 

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

How the liberals are responding is an issue. It was a bad contract but your more interested in keeping Obama legacy than fixing a problem. 

Where's @EnglishCop when you need him?

"Obama Legacy" doesn't factor into my opinion but nice projecting. If there was a better solution in place, I'd be all for it but that doesn't appear to be the case. There is no alternative plan. All this did was embolden Iranian hardliners. You'd have a better case if Iran violated the deal.