• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pitchers and Catchers Report

ettin

I was just sitting here at work and thought, "Hey, just like @Chuckster70 said, Pitchers and Catchers report tomorrow! Yeah!"

I know some of you are still feeling the sting but I am pumped I think we have a pretty competitive team with solid depth around the diamond and I am really excited for baseball to get going again! Woot!

I'm ready. I'm in the best shape of my life. Well, truth be told... my typing fingers are in the best shape of their lives. That is when they don't have any issues with arthritis. My mind is shark. I mean sharp. I'm ready to fly off the handle, jump to conclusions, and whatever else that needs to be done to get ready for the regular season.

8 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I'm ready. I'm in the best shape of my life. Well, truth be told... my typing fingers are in the best shape of their lives. That is when they don't have any issues with arthritis. My mind is shark. I mean sharp. I'm ready to fly off the handle, jump to conclusions, and whatever else that needs to be done to get ready for the regular season.

We all have different training methods, as long as we have the same goal! 😄

Really looking forward to seeing how our new pitching staff develops through spring training this year. Hopefully the starting 5 (Ohtani, Heaney, Canning, Teheran, Bundy) can each give us at least 10 wins each this season. And I think they are all capable of doing that, and a couple of them even better. That would give us 50 wins right there. Last years starting 5 (Cahill, Harvey, Skaggs, Heaney, Canning) only gave us 23 wins between them. Three other starters (Pena, Barrera, Peters) added another 16 wins and if you add that total in you still only get a total of 39 wins for our main starters last year. 

I think this is going to be a much improved pitching staff. Adding another top starter at the deadline could be enough to get us into the play-offs.

Here's wishing us all a great season in 2020.

49 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Would really enjoy that. Hope somebody steps up and gives you the info. 

It's all good, I'll figure it out I'm sure I can probably call the stadium info line, I know I found online somewhere that said usually starts in the mornings and usually free to watch, least on the practice fields. 

10 hours ago, Angelfan79 said:

I'll be in Phoenix this weekend, wanted to see some practice, first looks at position players. Anyone Know good times to show up, was hoping Sunday, Monday.?

It's been a while for me, but it's really my favorite time to go to ST. Small crowds. Players are relaxed and more accessible. It's a good time to get some photos.  I used to enjoy watching Sosh inteact with them. I"m sure Maddon will be entertaining. It's really a different view of the team during this time of the year. Again, I like it more than when the games actually start and the crowds get huge.

image.png

Get there early... like 8 a.m. early.  You can roam around all the practice fields. When they're done - you can catch them heading back to the stadium and interact with them a little more, if that's of interest.

It's all free. At least it used to be. Hopefully, that hasn't changed.

While you're in the area - check out Matt's Big Breakfast (several locations).  Best breakfast in town (this one's for you, Lou).

One more suggestion... if you have time get to Don & Charlie's in Scottsdale. Once ST gets into full swing - you have to make reservations weeks in advance, but at this time of year, you might be able to get in without much problem.  If not, they also have a bar and you can get in there. Largest collection of baseball memorabilia in the west. We're talking wall to wall stuff. Not just baseball, but mostly baseball for sure. You also never know who  you might see there, baseball wise. Good food too.

image.png

Edited by True Grich

5 minutes ago, True Grich said:

It's been a while for me, but it's really my favorite time to go to ST. Small crowds. Players are relaxed and more accessible. It's a good time to get some photos.  I used to enjoy watching Sosh inteact with them. I"m sure Maddon will be entertaining. It's really a different view of the team during this time of the year. Again, I like it more than when the games actually start and the crowds get huge.

Get there early... like 8 a.m. early.  You can roam around all the practice fields. When they're done - you can catch them heading back to the stadium and interact with them a little more, if that's of interest.

It's all free. At least it used to be. Hopefully, that hasn't changed.

While you're in the area - check out Matt's Big Breakfast (several locations).  Best breakfast in town (this one's for you, Lou).

One more suggestion... if you have time get to Don & Charlie's in Scottsdale. Once ST gets into full swing - you have to make reservations weeks in advance, but at this time of year, you might be able to get in without much problem.  If not, they also have a bar and you can get in there. Largest collection of baseball memorabilia in the west. We're talking wall to wall stuff. Not just baseball, but mostly baseball for sure. You also never know who  you might see there, baseball wise. Good food too.

Great info, thanks I'm actually staying in Scottsdale. I'll have my kids and wife so my kids would be excited to maybe chat with some players and get some autographs. 

1 minute ago, Angelfan79 said:

Great info, thanks I'm actually staying in Scottsdale. I'll have my kids and wife so my kids would be excited to maybe chat with some players and get some autographs. 

The kids will definitely get some autographs at that time. When the players are done and walking back to the stadium - many of them will stop, pose for pictures and/or sign autographs. Many of them are approachable and will talk a little baseball with you.

One of my many blogs posts about ST: http://truegrich.blogspot.com/2010/02/seeing-is-believing.html

One more thing about ST. It's really the best way to get your family to be "all in" on the Angels. The experiences and opportunity to see the players up close and personal will create memories you will never forget. My wife was always a good fan, but once we went to ST and she got to actually talk to players, take pictures with them, etc. - she really became a big time fan.  We still talk about some of our experiences, years later. We have a million Torii Hunter stories because he was the absolute best with fans.  I'm guessing that's something he passed on to Mike Trout. Your kids will absolutely love it.  You get to see the "human" side of these guys. You won't look at them the same way once you have a chance to interact with them. Most of them are solid dudes. There are always a couple of meat heads, but for the most part - they're a fun bunch.

@Angelfan79 have an awesome time. I'm envious. I started looking back at some of my old blog posts and I really miss going. The fan experience is just awesome.

9 hours ago, True Grich said:

One more thing about ST. It's really the best way to get your family to be "all in" on the Angels. The experiences and opportunity to see the players up close and personal will create memories you will never forget. My wife was always a good fan, but once we went to ST and she got to actually talk to players, take pictures with them, etc. - she really became a big time fan.  We still talk about some of our experiences, years later. We have a million Torii Hunter stories because he was the absolute best with fans.  I'm guessing that's something he passed on to Mike Trout. Your kids will absolutely love it.  You get to see the "human" side of these guys. You won't look at them the same way once you have a chance to interact with them. Most of them are solid dudes. There are always a couple of meat heads, but for the most part - they're a fun bunch.

@Angelfan79 have an awesome time. I'm envious. I started looking back at some of my old blog posts and I really miss going. The fan experience is just awesome.

I'm excited, we've gone to games There when my kids were younger, but never been there before spring games started so should be cooler because they're should be less people so players will hopefully chat wth us, sign. 

3 hours ago, Angelfan79 said:

I'm excited, we've gone to games There when my kids were younger, but never been there before spring games started so should be cooler because they're should be less people so players will hopefully chat wth us, sign. 

If you can, check out a couple of other spring training stadiums. Lots of teams around there to choose from, and the experience is fun. Your kids will have a blast.