• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Top 50 Trade Candidates (MLBTR)

Lou

No reason to be sellers yet, so not surprising...

I think we are going to have to fall back pretty far for them to move Calhoun. I’d still keep La Stella because I don’t think anyone is going to offer enough to beat out what his value is to the Angels next year. And Lucroy really needs to get hot over the next six weeks in order for us to move him - which we should almost regardless. I’d be happy with a Smith, Briceno, Garneau tandem to close the year even if we are still in the mix.

Not against shopping Bedrosian, Robles, or Skaggs as well. 

Edited by totdprods

Just now, Lou said:

It's not about selling now, but rather at the deadline 

Well, what I was getting at was that by not listing any Angels in the top 50, MLBTR considers them to still be ‘in it’ despite the board’s general pessimism on the season. 

Long ways to go yet. 

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Well, what I was getting at was that by not listing any Angels in the top 50, MLBTR considers them to still be ‘in it’ despite the board’s general pessimism on the season. 

Long ways to go yet. 

Listed are players from the Braves, Cleveland and Rangers

17 minutes ago, Lou said:

Listed are players from the Braves, Cleveland and Rangers

The Braves player listed has been in AAA all year, the Indians players are 49-50 so literally the last ones to make the cut (and they should be dealt given how flat that team looks), and the Rangers sole player, Minor, should be a no-brainer to shop too. 

Rangers are like that Angels team a couple years back, can’t remember which, that was in the race by pure luck despite not being built to truly contend, and wasn’t good enough to justify buying for. Shouldn’t keep them from selling their best chip, even if they are in the mix. Bad for this year but crucial for their big picture.

2 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Upton is back tonite....may have to DFA Goodwin or Puello today....

Could see Tovar being the odd-man out today too, with Fletcher back and Bour at 1B. They'd be thin on infielders and it would only last a few days until they inevitably need to make a move with an OF, but wouldn't surprise me if they kept all five through the Toronto trip in order to rotate the OFs through DH/off-day with the turf.

If Simmons is really close, they might even just cut Tovar now, risk it until Simba's return, then demote Rengifo, and hold onto the OFs a little while longer. 

Edited by totdprods

The next 30 days or so will make it pretty clear.  In my mind though.  Unless these guys rip off a decent win streak and get themselves into a really favorable position in the wild card race I remain fairy disinterested in pushing hard for the 2nd wild card.  I think Kole Calhoun should absolutely be traded.  We have depth to cover it and they need to remain in a mode where they are accumulating prospects.  Lucroy should be traded and I think there is perceived value with him that is greater then actual value.  

the tough one is LaStella.  He’s 30 and this probably the most value he’ll ever have.  They have Rengifo and Ward.  If the Angels can get a substantial prospect.  Let’s say, a guy that would enter our top 10.  I think this is maybe something you need to do.  But again, it’s tough.  He adds a good deal of depth to the line up. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Could see Tovar being the odd-man out today too, with Fletcher back and Bour at 1B. They'd be thin on infielders and it would only last a few days until they inevitably need to make a move with an OF, but wouldn't surprise me if they kept all five through the Toronto trip in order to rotate the OFs through DH/off-day with the turf.

Yep Tovar needs to be released. He can’t hit at the MLB level. 

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The next 30 days or so will make it pretty clear.  In my mind though.  Unless these guys rip off a decent win streak and get themselves into a really favorable position in the wild card race I remain fairy disinterested in pushing hard for the 2nd wild card.  I think Kole Calhoun should absolutely be traded.  We have depth to cover it and they need to remain in a mode where they are accumulating prospects.  Lucroy should be traded and I think there is perceived value with him that is greater then actual value.  

the tough one is LaStella.  He’s 30 and this probably the most value he’ll ever have.  They have Rengifo and Ward.  If the Angels can get a substantial prospect.  Let’s say, a guy that would enter our top 10.  I think this is maybe something you need to do.  But again, it’s tough.  He adds a good deal of depth to the line up. 

Regarding La Stella, someone offers something too good to pass up, absolutely pull the trigger on La Stella - as it currently stands, I don't really see any team having a need so dire that they'd make that risk, especially with only a year and some change of control over him. Hence why I think he's ultimately worth more to the Angels than what they'd receive for him.

I also think the Angels will seriously make some sort of 'buy' trade in the next 12-18 months, and by having La Stella emerge as a legit bat, really opens the door up for a trade involving one of our MLB-ready infielders. It's a blessing I think the Angels should take advantage of by keeping him, rather than selling. 

100% agree on Calhoun and Lucroy. I think Lucroy is absolutely dealt unless he totally sucks between now and the deadline. I can see them keeping Calhoun if they're still ~5-6 games of a playoff spot, simply in deference to his contributions to the team and chemistry. On paper, yes, they should still deal him, and if it was a hired hand I imagine they would, but I think Eppler would roll the dice the other direction if that wound up being the case.

3 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Yep Tovar needs to be released. He can’t hit at the MLB level. 

The risk there is they only have 3 IF for 3 IF positions in Toronto - if anyone gets hurt, especially with La Stella and Fletcher scratched recently, things could get weird fast. Like, Pujols at 3B, Puello at 2B weird. They aren't particularly close to their farm teams for quick help either. 

But, it could be why they gave Fletcher and La Stella time off recently. Resting them up so they could take that risk and roll with 5 OF for a series or two. Buy some more time on a decision between Goodwin and Puello.

57 minutes ago, totdprods said:

No reason to be sellers yet, so not surprising...

I think we are going to have to fall back pretty far for them to move Calhoun. I’d still keep La Stella because I don’t think anyone is going to offer enough to beat out what his value is to the Angels next year. And Lucroy really needs to get hot over the next six weeks in order for us to move him - which we should almost regardless. I’d be happy with a Smith, Briceno, Garneau tandem to close the year even if we are still in the mix.

Not against shopping Bedrosian, Robles, or Skaggs as well. 

I like Robles. I think they should keep him. Everyone else on your list goes.