• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Dustin Garneau DFAd

mmc

7 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Why wilfred Tovar?  Why not just keep Ward up if we needed another infielder?

Because they had to send Ward down for pitching help, and couldn’t recall him without an infielder getting hurt.

They picked Tovar because he’s expendable and Rojas isn’t. Tovar will be DFA’ed in near future.

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Because they had to send Ward down for pitching help, and couldn’t recall him without an infielder getting hurt.

They picked Tovar because he’s expendable and Rojas isn’t. Tovar will be DFA’ed in near future.

Also, Rengifo or Walsh might be headed back to SLC in order for them to recall a SP for Sunday.

•C Dustin Garneau – Designated for Assignment

And we kept Kevan Smith????

I'm not very impressed with Silent Bobs catching or hitting ability.

head scratcher~

DG has thrown out 40% career wise and had 33% here in limited action.  I believe DG is the better hitter also.

KS has thrown out 15% career wise and had 25% in limited action.

7 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

•C Dustin Garneau – Designated for Assignment

And we kept Kevan Smith????

I'm not very impressed with Silent Bobs catching or hitting ability.

.290 BA

.397/.435/.833

6 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I know. I'm looking at stats now. that is also in 62 at bats. 

DG - this season is .455/ .313 / .767   with a .250 AVG.  in 16 at bats

So Smith has been better in a larger sample size 

46 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Also, Rengifo or Walsh might be headed back to SLC in order for them to recall a SP for Sunday.

They are not sending Rengifo back to Salt Lake hitting .317/.408/.463/.872 the last 14 games. He can play three infield spots and is igniting the offense. 

Walsh has only 2 innings of poor mop up duty pitching. His bat isn't impressive. He is really not intregal to winning games.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Because he sucks.

also, he doesn't play 2nd or 3rd 

Ward plays third. You may not like how he plays bit he does.

Fletcher plays as, 3rd, and 2nd

LaStella plays same three

Tebgifro plays 2nd and ss.

That's not an issue 

17 minutes ago, Blarg said:

They are not sending Rengifo back to Salt Lake hitting .317/.408/.463/.872 the last 14 games. He can play three infield spots and is igniting the offense. 

Walsh has only 2 innings of poor mop up duty pitching. His bat isn't impressive. He is really not intregal to winning games.

Did you listen to any of the Draft? Day 3 we drafted a couple kids who pitched in high school or College.... And our announcer loudly expressed  _____ ______  2 way player!...

For the Love of everything holy! Just stop! BE happy Ohtani can do both and do both well. Not everyone can. And just because they were able to do it in high school, JUCO or a DII or NAIA school doesn't mean they will be able to do it in the Major Leagues!

It also doen't mean they can't. I'm glad the Angels are looking for the guys that just might make the transition, it would be ahead of the pack at this point if even one player in the next three drafts rises up and contributes. 

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

Ward plays third. You may not like how he plays bit he does.

Fletcher plays as, 3rd, and 2nd

LaStella plays same three

Tebgifro plays 2nd and ss.

That's not an issue 

My bad, I meant SS, not 3B.

2 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Quit Trolling Lou. Smith is crap defensively and throwing out base runners. I can hit too, but I can't throw anyone out with the screws in my shoulder either. Should I be out there?

no, you shouldn't.

in fact, i think it's time you were DFA'd.