• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sex lives of the rich and famous

Or more accurately, charges of sexual impropriety against them. While I don't doubt for an instant that some wealthy people use their status to lure women into intimate situations with them, and perhaps even commit rape, there is this story out of New York regarding Dallas Mavericks forward Kristaps Porzingis. The alleged incident took place on February 8, 2018 in New York, when Porzingis was playing for the New York Knicks. To me, the giveaway is this: 

The woman told police on Thursday about the alleged attack, according to the Post, which cited law enforcement sources. The woman reportedly told police she waited more than a year to come forward because she had discussed getting $68,000 from Porzingis to keep quiet.

Porzingis' attorney, Roland G. Riopelle, denied the allegations and said they had previously referred the case to federal authorities due to the "accuser's extortionate demands."

She probably had sex with him, maybe regretted it later or saw the chance to cash in on it, and told him, "Unless you pay me $X, I'm going to the police and I will tell them that it was rape."

Most women who allege rape aren't this transparent about their motives, and it belittles those who have legitimate claims.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26414381/woman-wanted-knicks-mediate-porzingis

ESPN obtained a series of text messages between the woman and Porzingis, as well as emails between her and the Knicks. The texts and emails portray a woman who wanted to pursue a romantic relationship with Porzingis in the aftermath of the alleged assault in February 2018, but who also wanted him to honor what she says was his commitment to contribute $68,000 to a college fund for her brother.

According to the emails, the woman, who lived in the same apartment building as Porzingis, told the Knicks that she went to Porzingis' apartment to get his autograph in the late-night hours after Porzingis suffered a serious knee injury at Madison Square Garden on Feb. 6, 2018. After what the woman told the Knicks was an "extremely aggressive encounter," she said Porzingis agreed to co-sign a statement with her that promised his payment of $68,000.

Sure, let me just hand over $68,000. 

On 3/31/2019 at 10:11 AM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Or more accurately, charges of sexual impropriety against them. While I don't doubt for an instant that some wealthy people use their status to lure women into intimate situations with them, and perhaps even commit rape, there is this story out of New York regarding Dallas Mavericks forward Kristaps Porzingis. The alleged incident took place on February 8, 2018 in New York, when Porzingis was playing for the New York Knicks. To me, the giveaway is this: 

The woman told police on Thursday about the alleged attack, according to the Post, which cited law enforcement sources. The woman reportedly told police she waited more than a year to come forward because she had discussed getting $68,000 from Porzingis to keep quiet.

Porzingis' attorney, Roland G. Riopelle, denied the allegations and said they had previously referred the case to federal authorities due to the "accuser's extortionate demands."

She probably had sex with him, maybe regretted it later or saw the chance to cash in on it, and told him, "Unless you pay me $X, I'm going to the police and I will tell them that it was rape."

Most women who allege rape aren't this transparent about their motives, and it belittles those who have legitimate claims.

Im not trying to downplay any woman whos been assaulted. But cases like these are soooooo hard to take seriously.

Im biased,  but once all these "me too" cases started popping up a few years ago, my question was always why did you go to the media before the police?

Its hard for me to believe this woman wanted his autograph (sure thing) that late at night, and who if truly was raped and beaten like she said, wouldnt have called the Police as soon as she was safely out of there.