• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Opening day lineup?

Calhoun RF
Trout CF
Bour 1b
Pujols DH
Simmons SS
Cozart 3b
Goodwin LF
Lucroy C
Fletcher 2b

I think that's a pretty good guess although La Stella could replace Fletcher.  

Not having Ohtani or Upton is pretty tough.  The pitching is really going to have to step up to start the year.  

7 minutes ago, Fregosi said:

From mlb.com

Projected lineup
1) Kole Calhoun, RF
2) Mike Trout, CF
3) Andrelton Simmons, SS
4) Justin Bour, 1B
5) Albert Pujols, DH
6) Zack Cozart, 3B
7) Jonathan Lucroy, C
? Peter Bourjos, LF
9) Tommy La Stella, 2B

I like this lineup. PBJ TLS and KC setting the table for the GOAT.

15 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I like this lineup. PBJ TLS and KC setting the table for the GOAT.

While we certainly are gonna miss Upton's bat, it's kinda nice having Petey earn an Opening Day start.  He did well during the Spring, and hope his new swing continues in the regular season.  The "spare parts" really make a difference.  Every team is decent from 1-5 in the lineup.  It's what the bottom of the order and bench can do that takes it one step further.  

1 hour ago, Fregosi said:

While we certainly are gonna miss Upton's bat, it's kinda nice having Petey earn an Opening Day start.  He did well during the Spring, and hope his new swing continues in the regular season.  The "spare parts" really make a difference.  Every team is decent from 1-5 in the lineup.  It's what the bottom of the order and bench can do that takes it one step further.  

If by "earn" it you mean "only playing because someone else got hurt," then, yes, he earned it.

Fletcher gives you more options in how he can be used off the bench than La Stella, so I could see him being on the bench more than we’d like early on.

Also wouldn’t mind them giving La Stella an extended look early on so if he stinks, they can move on from him sooner.