• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com Podcast - Episode Seventeen -

Chuck

WEEKLY-PODCAST.gif

Hosts Adam Dodge and Geoff Stoddart welcomed AngelsWin.com Founder and Executive Editor, Chuck Richter and special guest author Joe Haakenson in tonight's episode 17 podcast.

What the hell is happening here?!?!  They're rockin' a 9-15 record.  They're in second to last place (thanks Astros!).  And the meat of our line-up looks more like a salad bar.  This team is a hot mess!

Soooo ... what can they do?  Are there any glimmers of hope?  Are there any silver linings?  Join the boys as they discuss this year's team with Joe Haakenson.   

Joe authored the book "100 Things Angels Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die," for which Tim Salmon wrote the forward. Joe also covered the 2002 Angels during their World Series winning season.  A season that started off with the Angels posting a 6-14 record.  Joe wrote about that team in his book, "Out of the Blue - The story of the Anaheim Angels' improbable run to the 2002 World Series title."

I enjoyed the podcast, but there is a theme that has been recurring across the local radio lately and was again noted on the podcast. I really question how much things like "fire" and "passion' really make a difference at the major league level. If this team was WINNING and not showing any emotion, nobody would be second guessing that at all. If the team was producing, nobody would even care. I don't think anybody wants to fail under the national spotlight. I don't know if throwing stuff around is the right attitude to take. If you had a regular job, you'd be asked to take anger management training.

I don't think the fact that this group of guys is less outspoken necessarily effects their performance on the field. If you look back at world series champions, or even champions of any sport, you're going to find a mix of all types of personalities. The Cardinals from 2011, they certainly weren't an outspoken bunch. They weren't even a top team throughout most of that season.

I feel like fans are trying hard to look for something to point to to explain why this team is underperforming. Maybe guys are playing hurt again. I don't know what the reason is. You have to think they'll turn it around though.

First off, thanks so much for listening!  We're glad you enjoyed the podcast.

You know, maybe fire and passion mean absolutely nothing.  Maybe they mean a lot.  I think for a lot of Angels fans, we look back to what appeared to work for the team in the past.  Certainly in 2002 there was no joy in Mudville when the team wasn't doing well.  Even last year Torii got a little red assed when the team was off to a horrible start.  I didn't follow the 2011 Cardinals close enough to know the player's personalities and how they did or did not treat losses and successes.  Again, who knows.  These were just our observations.  

Thanks again for listening!

That dude who said Ernesto wasn't a closer sounds super smart.

You unfortunately nailed it.

IF this team doesn't get an effective Madson back soon...

Oh and Jerome Williams needs to be the 7th or 8th inning guy from here on out. He's earned it.