• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hot Stove Trade of the Day: Iannetta to the Twins

Hubs

Twins are looking for a catcher. They have some good prospects they may be willing to deal instead of throwing money at Saltamacchia or another free agent option.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/mlb/rumors/post?id=9761

Twins #3 Prospect Pitcher Alex Meyer is probably the best fit for the Angels, but I don't think Iannetta pulls that. Possibly Conger would, but I'd rather move Iannetta. Perhaps the Angels can include something else in this deal to get it done.

More likely is Twins #6 Prospect: Trevor May. Struggled a bit in AA last year. I'd insist on getting a younger lower-level prospect in addition to May.

I'd take Andrew Albers back if they'd deal him, he's 28, and finally got his shot this year with decent results.

Pinto is the guy. I get that. Except I doubt they turn over the starting C spot to a guy with 21 games of major league experience. Which is why they've been linked to catchers via free agency. Iannetta is signed for two more years, and can essentially split time with Pinto for the next two years. 

Minnesota will not be willing to spend $5M+ per year for Iannetta. They will be fine at Catcher with the rookie and Doumit

Yeah doesn't make much sense from their part to deal a prospect for a guy who is at best going to net them 2 more wins. Doumit is terrible but they aren't going to be good next year so why waste resources on Iannetta?