• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (3/18/24): Angels @ Brewers: Canning starting, Schanuel scratched with back tightness

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Gameday Thread (3/18/24): Angels @ Brewers: Canning starting, Schanuel scratched with back tightness
2 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Schanuel one of many halo players not having a good spring. I wonder if it might be better if he starts season in minors. He has been given 1B job but like others have Angels rushed him too soon?

Still think it's best to have him in the majors.  If he's not the starting 1B, then who from the current roster is?  Anyone who moves into that spot (Drury, etc.) just creates a big lack of depth elsewhere.  I can't imagine they're going to make Sano the starting 1B.  Let Schanuel take it from the start (assuming he's healthy) and worry about it a month from now if he's struggling.

13 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Still think it's best to have him in the majors.  If he's not the starting 1B, then who from the current roster is?  Anyone who moves into that spot (Drury, etc.) just creates a big lack of depth elsewhere.  I can't imagine they're going to make Sano the starting 1B.  Let Schanuel take it from the start (assuming he's healthy) and worry about it a month from now if he's struggling.

That’s why I wanted them to snag JD Davis. It made way too much sense to have insurance at 1st and 3rd and also a good bat. 

oh well 

4 minutes ago, TroutField said:

That’s why I wanted them to snag JD Davis. It made way too much sense to have insurance at 1st and 3rd and also a good bat. 

oh well 

Yeah, I don't disagree with you there, but I'm just talking about the current state of things and the options they have--which aren't many!

35 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I hope he works out but if not very little depth. Brandon Belt still out there. I'm just thinking he might need more time in minors.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Our last ROY struggled in spring training.