• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Old and long gone OC restaurants

11 hours ago, T.G. said:

Years ago there was a deli in South Coast Plaza and another one in Costa Mesa called "Kaplan's" - I remember going there as a kid, but it disappeared several years ago.

Was the one in Costa Mesa near the fairgrounds? If so I used to go there after horse shows and it was bomb. 

On 2/14/2024 at 9:25 PM, katie said:

Was the one in Costa Mesa near the fairgrounds? If so I used to go there after horse shows and it was bomb. 

There used to be a Kaplan’s Deli right off the 405 on harbor I remember going to with my grandfather who passed away over 20 years ago. There’s now an in n out in that same spot which makes sense because they have a knack for putting their stores in some of the worst spots traffic wise. 

The Red Onion in Huntington Beach.

Saw many Monday Night football games there and a few barroom brawls there also.

Bad part was it was always a place where the Huntington Beach PD hung out in the parking lot waiting to bust people.

On 2/17/2024 at 1:18 PM, PattyD22 said:

The Red Onion in Huntington Beach.

Saw many Monday Night football games there and a few barroom brawls there also.

Bad part was it was always a place where the Huntington Beach PD hung out in the parking lot waiting to bust people.

My parents' first date was at a Red Onion. This would have been around 1979.

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

Based on these prices, I'm guessing this restaurant closed down in 1972.

That menu was from 1979, the year we were married. My in-laws introduced us to the restaurant and we joked the waitresses were all from the day they opened and they weren't young then.