• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin Podcast - Episode 27

Chuck

AW%20Episode%2027%20graphic.JPEG

In episode 27 Victor Rojas rejoins Chuck and Geoff to discuss Shohei Ohtani's departure, the front office's mistakes in terms of not trading the unicorn ahead of the trade deadline and not adding legit names to both the coaching staff and front office, and what moves make the most sense next. The guys shift gears and then share their Christmas traditions to wrap up #27.

I WOULD like to thank Chuck, Geoff, and Victor for all their hard work bringing us these podcasts, but this last podcast regarding the "this is where players go to die" was just both too true and too depressing.  What was even more depressing was when Geoff said that any free agent we sign probably doesn't want to win, otherwise they wouldn't come to Anaheim. 

Merry Christmas to the crew, I'm just gonna skip it this year.

18 hours ago, halomatt said:

Hahaha..."this is...this is a shit show!" 

Truer words, gents. 

Everything that was talked about was on the spot, in my opinion.  I realllllyyyyyy hope Moreno's preparing to put the team on the market again.  Hopefully, he has the stones to finish the deal this time. 

12 hours ago, oldguy said:

I WOULD like to thank Chuck, Geoff, and Victor for all their hard work bringing us these podcasts, but this last podcast regarding the "this is where players go to die" was just both too true and too depressing.  What was even more depressing was when Geoff said that any free agent we sign probably doesn't want to win, otherwise they wouldn't come to Anaheim. 

Merry Christmas to the crew, I'm just gonna skip it this year.

Thank you @halomatt & @oldguy. We have always tried to keep it real on our shows all while trying to provide reasons for optimism as well. 

This turd was hard to polish and when Victor said he talked to people in the baseball industry and echoed what @Spirit said about players not wanting to come here in free agency, the mood took a turn for the worse. 

Thankfully we ended on a cheery note with our Christmas traditions. 

Here's hoping Perry and Arte change the perception of playing for the Angels. I'm hopeful Ron Washington plays a big part in that.

2 hours ago, Chuck said:

Thank you @halomatt & @oldguy. We have always tried to keep it real on our shows all while trying to provide reasons for optimism as well. 

This turd was hard to polish and when Victor said he talked to people in the baseball industry and echoed what @Spirit said about players not wanting to come here in free agency, the mood took a turn for the worse. 

Thankfully we ended on a cheery note with our Christmas traditions. 

Here's hoping Perry and Arte change the perception of playing for the Angels. I'm hopeful Ron Washington plays a big part in that.

What would be the reason why the players don't wanna come Chuck ?

Good podcast.   You guys are starting to see what I saw at the end of last year.  Complete dysfunction and zero plan.  Making scapegoat changes because we "had to do something", etc.   Trout must be very disillusioned by now.   The ship is taking on water, and the fortunate guys are the ones who are no longer here.  But hey, we still got Rendon. 

Edited by Swordsman78

2 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Good podcast.   You guys are starting to see what I saw at the end of last year.  Complete dysfunction and zero plan.  Making scapegoat changes because we "had to do something", etc.   Trout must be very disillusioned by now.   The ship is taking on water, and the fortunate guys are the ones who are no longer here.  But hey, we still got Rendon. 

Congrats @Chuck and @Spirit.  You and the sword see eye to eye.  

4 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Nevin was incompetent. 

6 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

What would be the reason why the players don't wanna come Chuck ?

The Angels are on their 4th manager in 8 years.

They have an ever changing game management plan coupled with linchpins on the roster missing too many games to be effective or stable.

No quality minor league depth ready to support the parent club.

The underpinnings of their minor league system has been derided for being one of the worst in baseball by scouts and journalists.

The owner won't invest in front office staffing that has baseball as their primary background. 

The positives? The weather. 

On 12/22/2023 at 12:00 PM, Chuck said:

AW%20Episode%2027%20graphic.JPEG

In episode 27 Victor Rojas rejoins Chuck and Geoff to discuss Shohei Ohtani's departure, the front office's mistakes in terms of not trading the unicorn ahead of the trade deadline and not adding legit names to both the coaching staff and front office, and what moves make the most sense next. The guys shift gears and then share their Christmas traditions to wrap up #27.

But if Shohei didn't want to be traded, doesn't that send a message to the club that he wanted to stay long-term?

On 12/22/2023 at 3:55 PM, halomatt said:

Hahaha..."this is...this is a shit show!" 

Truer words, gents. 

Everything that was talked about was on the spot, in my opinion.  I realllllyyyyyy hope Moreno's preparing to put the team on the market again.  Hopefully, he has the stones to finish the deal this time. 

This was a good show but it definitely had a "humbug Scrooge" feel. Unfortunately, this is the reality of the club.