• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023-2024 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

So.  Stone is out possibly till the end of the season.  Rico would look fantastic on that team.  I really hope he goes to either Vegas, Colorado, Edmonton and even Vancouver as I think one of those teams will win it all. 

I see that Carrick has joined the trade deadline rumor mill. Actually, kind of surprised he hasn't been brought up before. Well, actually not that surprised. He's not a name. So, not a lot of interest in his speculation by the rumor spreaders.

I could see him getting moved though. A fourth pick maybe. Though a move up from a higher pick would be nice. We don't need a lot of bodies. Quality bodies would help.

17 hours ago, gotbeer said:

So.  Stone is out possibly till the end of the season.  Rico would look fantastic on that team.  I really hope he goes to either Vegas, Colorado, Edmonton and even Vancouver as I think one of those teams will win it all. 

The Ducks are starting to look more like a close to the deadline seller. I don't get it, since teams would be better off having new players earlier to get them acclimated. And, Verbeek hasn't received a bump in return from waiting. Maybe, even lost out some.

It is what it is though.

29 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I see that Carrick has joined the trade deadline rumor mill. Actually, kind of surprised he hasn't been brought up before. Well, actually not that surprised. He's not a name. So, not a lot of interest in his speculation by the rumor spreaders.

I could see him getting moved though. A fourth pick maybe. Though a move up from a higher pick would be nice. We don't need a lot of bodies. Quality bodies would help.

Carrick is a good option for a fourth line depth piece for a contender.  He's cheap, can play center, is physical, will go to the net.  Right around a 50% (a bit higher this season) in face off win percentage.  I think he'll definitely be moved.  

One guy I'm surprised other teams haven't keyed in on is Lundestrom.  He's kind of stuck in the 3rd line purgatory.  But he just hasn't had talent around him.  Jones, Stonehands, Strome, etc.  When he's had talent around him like Carlsson and Z and Terry etc, he's done really well.  He's one of those players that a team can snipe cheap if Beeker isn't paying attention, and blossom into a solid 2nd line player.

On 2/22/2024 at 5:11 PM, gotbeer said:

I haven't heard any trade rumors about what the Knights might do, but they don't usually talk a lot in advance of deals. The team has been really flat lately, losing two straight at home and getting flattened by Toronto last night. The high injury toll has definitely played a role, and several of the injured guys have yet to return. I read that Eichel might be back during the road trip that begins tomorrow in Ottawa.

Vegas has to clear about 2.5 in cap space to bring Eichel back. They can do it by putting Stone on LTIR or both of Howden and Carrier. They may choose to stash Stone for the rest of the regular season and use his cap money to bring back Smith or go after Rico or even Guentzel but any of that means he's definitely done til the playoffs

13 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Vegas has to clear about 2.5 in cap space to bring Eichel back. They can do it by putting Stone on LTIR or both of Howden and Carrier. They may choose to stash Stone for the rest of the regular season and use his cap money to bring back Smith or go after Rico or even Guentzel but any of that means he's definitely done til the playoffs

It has been a brutal year on the injury front. Even with some of the injured guys back, there were still four players from the minors in the lineup against Toronto on Thursday.

4 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I don't know how you can blame Fowler when they keep trying to make him Victor Hedman with no help

You should watch him game in and game out.  You will change your mind.  I was a big Fowler supporter, but this year he has been brutal.