• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Streaming Content from PC to TV

2002_halos_II

Not sure.  What I have found is that most new tv sets have monitor inputs.  What I usually do is just plug in the computer to the tv, and watch/stream that way.   In my case, I have a high end video card in my laptop, so it's fairly painless to do.  

My wireless laptop skus. Streaming certain content from that was jittery at best.

My desktop tower does not have an HDMI cable port. The 32" TV I want to use does have a PC port. (Actually the little monitor I'm using for the desktop is also a TV and my other 2  TVs have PC inputs).

I want to pay the lower fee instead of premium fee (about 5 bucks a month difference) plus retain the better features you get when streaming via the  Computer rather than one of the supported devices. I want to be able to use the computer while the feed is on the TV. Now I know people have dual monitors hooked up to a single computer. I want the live feed on the big TV instead of the small monitor.

post-92-0-95478400-1362966879_thumb.jpg

The only way I know of is to full screen the content on the computer, then hardwire (via HDMI) the TV as a second monitor. I do this regularly for watching online streaming video of poker tournaments. The obvious drawback, as you mentioned, is that the laptop I use to stream is unavailable while streaming.

I wouldn't know how you could isolate a single window and have it streaming automatically in the background save for stetting up the TV as a second, side by side monitor where the thing you're streaming is then full screen on monitor 2 while you work on monitor 1. Even with that, I'd be surprised to find a monitor 2 setting that works wirelessly.

Good luck with that and let us know if you find a solution. I would be seriously interested because it would save me 30 minutes a night some nights.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I found:

My sony blu-ray player BDP-S570 is connected via wiring to my HDTV, but the streaming internet I get -- including most videos on my C drive (inlucing .avi files) in selected folders, Amazon, Netflix, YouTube, and other channels that sony provides streams from my computer and wireless router via Windows 7 homegroup wi-fi connection of my router to the Sony blu-ray, included as a device in my "homegroup," and then from the blu ray to my television. I don't have much mechanical skills, so actual connecting was done by a tech guy.

However, this assumes WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER is being used as far as I can tell from checking Windows solutions/help text.

Edited by 2002_halos_II