Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

IGNORED

The Angels offseason in review


Recommended Posts

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/04/offseason-in-review-los-angeles-angels-11.html

Summary: After missing the playoffs in seven straight years, the Angels are gearing up for another shot at hopeful contention. There’s no alternative with a core as talented as theirs, and they open the year with a higher-ceiling rotation than the ones which have so frequently let them down. Yet it still remains in question whether there’s enough depth to withstand some inevitable pitching injuries and bottom-of-the-lineup struggles to post their first winning season since 2015.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/04/offseason-in-review-los-angeles-angels-11.html

Summary: After missing the playoffs in seven straight years, the Angels are gearing up for another shot at hopeful contention. There’s no alternative with a core as talented as theirs, and they open the year with a higher-ceiling rotation than the ones which have so frequently let them down. Yet it still remains in question whether there’s enough depth to withstand some inevitable pitching injuries and bottom-of-the-lineup struggles to post their first winning season since 2015.

If Canning and Rodriguez can contribute this year, I'm not horrendously worried about pitching depth.  Would I like to have Robbie Ray in the rotation right now?  Absolutely. 

In past off seasons I kinda understood where they were going and how they got there.  This year?  If we miss the playoffs because we don't score enough runs, I'll be disappointed as hell.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

If Canning and Rodriguez can contribute this year, I'm not horrendously worried about pitching depth.  Would I like to have Robbie Ray in the rotation right now?  Absolutely. 

In past off seasons I kinda understood where they were going and how they got there.  This year?  If we miss the playoffs because we don't score enough runs, I'll be disappointed as hell.    

If they don’t score enough runs then we could be fucked for a very long time as that would indicate Trout, Rendon, Ohtani, Walsh, Marsh and Adell didn’t perform. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dochalo said:

If Canning and Rodriguez can contribute this year, I'm not horrendously worried about pitching depth.  Would I like to have Robbie Ray in the rotation right now?  Absolutely. 

In past off seasons I kinda understood where they were going and how they got there.  This year?  If we miss the playoffs because we don't score enough runs, I'll be disappointed as hell.    

I think offensively, they should be fine.  A number of our big bats have struggled to start the year, but I expect Trout and Ohtani to find their stride.  I would hope Rendon does, but based on his hip issues, it is possible he might be "breaking down," so to speak.  I hope not, but if he does, it's yet another albatross contract that we are stuck with, and further proof as to why it's ideal to avoid long-term deals like that to the degree possible.

Still, this offense should be pretty good on the whole.  I see a team that's a fringe contender right now, but if a few things break well, we could qualify.  Syndergaard and Lorenzen (in terms of off-season moves) will be huge factors.  It has one been once through the rotation so far, but both looked very good.  I was particularly impressed with Lorenzen's repertoire, as it appeared far better than I anticipated - a promising sign.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I think offensively, they should be fine.  A number of our big bats have struggled to start the year, but I expect Trout and Ohtani to find their stride.  I would hope Rendon does, but based on his hip issues, it is possible he might be "breaking down," so to speak.  I hope not, but if he does, it's yet another albatross contract that we are stuck with, and further proof as to why it's ideal to avoid long-term deals like that to the degree possible.

Still, this offense should be pretty good on the whole.  I see a team that's a fringe contender right now, but if a few things break well, we could qualify.  Syndergaard and Lorenzen (in terms of off-season moves) will be huge factors.  It has one been once through the rotation so far, but both looked very good.  I was particularly impressed with Lorenzen's repertoire, as it appeared far better than I anticipated - a promising sign.

At the very least, from the few games I've seen so far, Rendon's defense looks very good - enough that his hip seems to be fine (though could still continue to be an issue). I'm not holding my breath for a return to his offensive peak, but even if he offers above-average defense and above-average offense, even if not elite, I'd be thrilled at this point, even if enormously overpaid. 

Health is above and beyond the most important thing for this club again. Every year a significant injury - or injuries - to one part of the club has led to the wheels coming off everything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...