• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Local School Board Meeting

Recently there has been a ton of crazy shit happening with our school board. First, a super rich guy ran for one of the spots and spent more on a school board campaign than the state congress people spend. He won and then started a campaign to impeach the rest of the school board so they could completely take it over. All because they didn't like making the kids wear masks. That same group now started going on about Critical Race Theory and that the teachers are liberals that don't like people who aren't.

All of that leads to today's normally irrelevant board meeting where they approve the budget that was already drafted by them but with public comment. Normally 30 minutes, it went on for 5.5 hours.

The first woman that got up, said, and I am not making this up, "the budget includes $42k for blacksmith consulting, proof right there that they teach critical race theory. Our tax money is going to that, think about it" - Actually, shop being remodeled, it includes equipment and installation.

It got crazier. 

We had the voter fraud accusation for the budget vote, "kids are voting and people are voting double".

We had the birther - accusations that one of the board members didn't live in the district.

We had the middle aged woman get up and tell them all that if they want leadership, they wont find it within themselves.

The antimask guy with the fake news accusations said one of the meanest things I've heard not on television. "Matt(principal), when i emailed you about masks, you responded that it was not up to you but the county, well I checked and the guy making the policy has a computer science degree (lol, how funny would it be if this dude thought he was researching the guy making the guidance and instead was researching the guy that published it to the website), that is who you are listening to, but I don't even blame you, I blame the board because it is up to them to put someone competent in charge"

But still with all of that, the whole thing opened up with the masterpiece, the Mona Lisa, the blacksmith.

6 minutes ago, nate said:

Recently there has been a ton of crazy shit happening with our school board. First, a super rich guy ran for one of the spots and spent more on a school board campaign than the state congress people spend. He won and then started a campaign to impeach the rest of the school board so they could completely take it over. All because they didn't like making the kids wear masks. That same group now started going on about Critical Race Theory and that the teachers are liberals that don't like people who aren't.

All of that leads to today's normally irrelevant board meeting where they approve the budget that was already drafted by them but with public comment. Normally 30 minutes, it went on for 5.5 hours.

The first woman that got up, said, and I am not making this up, "the budget includes $42k for blacksmith consulting, proof right there that they teach critical race theory. Our tax money is going to that, think about it" - Actually, shop being remodeled, it includes equipment and installation.

It got crazier. 

We had the voter fraud accusation for the budget vote, "kids are voting and people are voting double".

We had the birther - accusations that one of the board members didn't live in the district.

We had the middle aged woman get up and tell them all that if they want leadership, they wont find it within themselves.

The antimask guy with the fake news accusations said one of the meanest things I've heard not on television. "Matt(principal), when i emailed you about masks, you responded that it was not up to you but the county, well I checked and the guy making the policy has a computer science degree (lol, how funny would it be if this dude thought he was researching the guy making the guidance and instead was researching the guy that published it to the website), that is who you are listening to, but I don't even blame you, I blame the board because it is up to them to put someone competent in charge"

But still with all of that, the whole thing opened up with the masterpiece, the Mona Lisa, the blacksmith.

Are you drunk?

i got involved with the glendale city council around 2006 when our neighborhood was up for consideration to be re-zoned. there was one guy pushing hard for it, and he was the guy that owned our apartment building. he wanted to tear it down, 37 really nice sized units, and replace them with 96 new units, all on the same footprint so they all would have been smaller. we went to council meetings for months to try and persuade them that changing the zoning was going to be a huge mistake. in the end, they ended up voting to change it. the building owner was keeping tabs on who spoke out against at council meetings, and when it came time each year to raise our rent or keep it the same, he raised our rent a full ten percent, while residents who didn't speak out had theirs raised only $100. when we found out about this we were pretty pissed and so we contacted the city attorney and presented our evidence. the council rejected it as inconclusive, and this dooshbag won the battle. 

not sure what happened, but as i sit here today, the apartment building hasn't been demolished and they're still renting out units to people. i liked living there but it got to be too expensive and there was the constant threat that we'd have to move at any time, so we found another place on our own and at our own pace.

our city council has been filled with varying degrees of jerks over the last decade. they all seem to work for their best interests (shocking, isn't it?).