• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021-2022 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Terry shouldn't have gotten into that fight. Lesson learned. This is why Verbeek says a program to put on muscle weight is coming.

At the same time, if we play Arizona in preseason the Ducks need to have a couple guys go after that guy. You have to have a guy like Des around when you have young very talented players.

47 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Terry shouldn't have gotten into that fight. Lesson learned. This is why Verbeek says a program to put on muscle weight is coming.

At the same time, if we play Arizona in preseason the Ducks need to have a couple guys go after that guy. You have to have a guy like Des around when you have young very talented players.

Wild still play the Coyotes this season.  It would be funny if Des went after the Arizona player.  If he does, Beeker better sign him in the offseason.  

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

About what you would expect. High octane offense meets the Ducks weak defense. I don't expect much better in the Calgary game.

Just clicking off games to end the season.

I haven't even heard talks with Eakins mentioned. I guess his fate is sealed.

Gronborg.  Beeker better be considering him.  

3 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Why do you think they would look at him? And, what about Bouchard? You don't think they brought him in to audition?

I imagine it's a different story now with a new GM. 

I don't think Bouchard is the answer.  Gulls are barely above 500.  And way down in the standings, even though they are in the playoff race because out of 9 teams, 7 make the playoffs.  But they have all the talent and should be doing well.  

Anyhow, sizing up the near future, it appears to be:

Waddle through the rest of the season. I'll still watch the games. But, the only real excitement is where we sit in the race to the bottom. Which at the present looks like probably 10-12, with an outside chance for 9th.

Pick my favorites to follow in the playoffs. Watch the lottery somewhere in there.

Watch the draft. 

Stay tuned to all the moves Verbeek is going to make over the off season. There's going to be some, right?

14 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I don't think Bouchard is the answer.  Gulls are barely above 500.  And way down in the standings, even though they are in the playoff race because out of 9 teams, 7 make the playoffs.  But they have all the talent and should be doing well.  

Hmm, I haven't followed them at all this season. I thought they were doing better. 

Oh well, another thing to look forward to in the off season.

11 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Anyhow, sizing up the near future, it appears to be:

Waddle through the rest of the season. I'll still watch the games. But, the only real excitement is where we sit in the race to the bottom. Which at the present looks like probably 10-12, with an outside chance for 9th.

Pick my favorites to follow in the playoffs. Watch the lottery somewhere in there.

Watch the draft. 

Stay tuned to all the moves Verbeek is going to make over the off season. There's going to be some, right?

Yeah, I'm sure there are some more moves coming.

Also, what's your thoughts on Vakanainen?  4 games for the Ducks so far.  1 point.  An impressive +-0 in that span, scores have been 1-6, 5-0, 2-3, 2-3.  They are giving him a chance in giving him 18, 19, 21, and 20 minutes a game.  But what's struck me, is that he can skate the puck out of the zone with ease.  Something only Fowler and Drysdale have been able to do on a regular basis.  And he's not afraid to shoot the puck at the net.  He doesn't have the strongest slapshot from the point, but his shot gets to the goalie.  At 23 YO, IMO, I think he just jumped over guys like Guhle, Larsson, Mahura, and even Benoit.  

I think he has a spot. I think Benoit has a spot. I don't think Guhle, Larsson, or Mahura have a spot at the present. I also don't think Larsson or Guhle have a future with the Ducks. Mahura ??? It seems he's getting a chance to shine. We'll see where that goes.

I'm going to wait and see on Vat before making an opinion. Things are kind of funky with the Ducks now. It looks like he'll get a chance to show himself next season. Let's see how he does over a longer period once he gets entrenched. So far, so good, though.

I've seen how Benoit looks over the long term. I'm impressed. 

So next season, we have Fowler, Drysdale, Shattenkirk, Benoit, and Vat. We have to bring someone with some size in. I see Mahura as the 7th guy at this point. Only Fowler and Shattenkirk with experience and neither has defense as their strong skill.

Unless we get the big, talented guy we need and maybe upgrade Shattenkirk, it's going to be ugly. If Gibson is still here, I don't see a big season for him. My guess is he's going to let Verbeek know he'd be open to a trade. 

Edmonton should make a strong offer for Gibson. But, they're too stupid. I honestly can see McDavid and Draisaitl not making it to the SCF with Edmonton. A disgrace if it happened. But very possible.

What a great career.  Glad he goes out as only a Duck.  Hopefully he can get in to some of these last games.

Looking at the schedule.  Tomorrow is Calgary at home.  His connection with Calgary is still great, and it's too bad it's not an away game.  He'll play his twin one last time in Tampa Bay.  Hopefully they get in a fight and hug it out.  And one last home/away with the Kings.  Those will probably be the most emotional games.

I thought he'd go for one more season, but it makes sense to hang them up. He wants to do the one-organization-your-entire-career thing, and we ain't gonna win anytime soon. So all you’re going to do it beat your body up even more. His HOF chances probably aren’t increased by playing another year or two as an oft-injured shell. 

Great career! I remember watching him play during the rookie tournament vs the Sharks, he was heads and shoulders better than everyone on the ice.