• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPN Fantasy Baseball league - two spots available. Respond ASAP if interested.

I am the organizer of a fantasy baseball league through the ESPN site that started with AW members some 10 plus years ago.  Members have come and gone, some non-AW members joined (and subsequently left) 

The 2021 season is upon us. It is an 8 team roto league. The draft is March 25, the Keeper deadline is March 19 (I have selected Keepers for the two available teams but the new team owner(s) can make different selections by the March 19 Keeper deadline).

This is a fun, relaxed rotisserie scoring league with an auto pick draft. The whole conceptt of this league is that it's more casual and not like some of the 'all consuming' leagues that require a lot of logging in and adjusting line ups.  This is auto pick draft so there is no live draft. You don't need to adjust your lineup/ roster daily and can keep up with as little as a few minutes a once or twice a week.

The big prize for the league winner  is BRAGGING RIGHTS.

If this more relaxed, less intense approach to FLB is for you - and you are interested in being a team owner (entry fee - ZERO) then e-mail me at:

tj.staffel@comcast.net. and please list your e-mail in your e-mail - 

we have few rules but there a few major ones starting this these:

1. Have fun

2, all team owner commit to play/participate all the way to the end of the season - in other words, don't sign up and then quit making moves with your line up mid -season because you are in 5th place or something like that. All team owners commit to playing right to the final out of the final game of the regular season.

if you want to join us - indentify yourself as a AW.com member with your AW screen name and send an e-mail to :   tj.staffel@comcast.net      - please respond NOW and no later than March 11

first two who respond have best chance(s) of joining league

Oh man, I used to do fantasy baseball years ago. I was pretty good at it too. I won 6 out of the 8 leagues I was in. It consumed my life though. I was obsessed with it. I already spend a good amount of time with video games and watching sports and movies. I don't think I should get back into the fantasy leagues. Used to do basketball(3 of of 5 champion) and football(4 out of 7 champion). Played hockey 1 year. 2 leagues. Champion in one of them. I remember not all leagues were the same though. Played some point based leagues and hated those. All of the leagues I was in had people that stopped caring or ones that made way uneven trades. It is tempting to play again but I better not. Never did any money leagues. Just for fun and bragging with friends mostly.

beatlesrule - I hear you about the obsessive aspect of fantasy games. I had to quit an NFL fantasy league years ago (before the internet made tracking so simple) for the same reason - I played two seasons and won at least one year, maybe both (this is some 25 years ago) before I had to quit cold turkey because I was watching players (not necessarily the games) on my team racking up stats/ points. 

this baseball league is sort to the antidote to that kind of a fantasy league - it's rotisserie scoring for the whole season (not head to head which lends itself more to obsessive behavior), it's auto pick draft (not a live draft - quite frankly there's no way we can get all the folks in front of a computer at the same time for an hour) off the ESPN list (that you are able to modify in terms of ranking players) and it can take as little as five minutes, maybe ten minutes twice a week if you choose.  So it's less intense FLB -- so much so it sort of does not appeal to FLB fanatics who are checking their daily stats every half hour or so. 

if anyone is interested please e-mail me at the e-mail address listed in the first post and please list your e-mail address in the e-mail so I can quickly get the invitation out to you.

Oh man, I despise auto draft. People are very unpredictable in how they draft. The way it was always set up was the league went live at a certain time and you had like 1 min to make your pick before it was auto. That way, the people that can show up are more likely to draft how they want and if you can't make it, you still get a somewhat decent team. I am not very familiar with rotisserie and I remember enjoying yahoo fantasy more than ESPN. This was like 10 years ago so maybe it has changed. I remember picking up Trout on the waiver wire as soon as the clock struck midnight. I got others this way too and people would complain that I was able to get all the players because I didn't have to wake up early. Then they put rules in place where you could only pick up a certain number of players off waivers or you got put in line so if I picked up a guy one day, I could try to pick up another guy but I would be all the way down the list.

If rotisserie is not as obsessive, does ESPN pre rank based on what kind of FB you are playing? Like is head to head ranked different from rotisserie?

Who’s still in the league? I know one year I got overwhelmed with work and was in last place so I stopped making moves and was subsequently not invited back but would give it another go if it’s not a lifetime ban lol.

23 hours ago, Hubs said:

Who’s still in the league? I know one year I got overwhelmed with work and was in last place so I stopped making moves and was subsequently not invited back but would give it another go if it’s not a lifetime ban lol.

HUBS - I am waiting for one team owner from last year to cbeck in - he has been given numerous opportunities and has not confirmed via e-mail with me yet -- send me an e-mail -  tj.staffel@comcast.net

please include your e-mail address in the e-mail you send to me.

if I do not hear from this one other guy by Tuesday - I will send you HUBS - an invite - please play all the way to the end of the season.

Beatlesrule - I sent you an invite and multiple e-mails - please respond.

On 3/6/2021 at 6:29 PM, beatlesrule said:

Oh man, I despise auto draft. People are very unpredictable in how they draft. The way it was always set up was the league went live at a certain time and you had like 1 min to make your pick before it was auto. That way, the people that can show up are more likely to draft how they want and if you can't make it, you still get a somewhat decent team. I am not very familiar with rotisserie and I remember enjoying yahoo fantasy more than ESPN. This was like 10 years ago so maybe it has changed. I remember picking up Trout on the waiver wire as soon as the clock struck midnight. I got others this way too and people would complain that I was able to get all the players because I didn't have to wake up early. Then they put rules in place where you could only pick up a certain number of players off waivers or you got put in line so if I picked up a guy one day, I could try to pick up another guy but I would be all the way down the list.

If rotisserie is not as obsessive, does ESPN pre rank based on what kind of FB you are playing? Like is head to head ranked different from rotisserie?

Bealtesrule -- it's rotisserie and auto draft -- again - this is fantasy baseball LIGHT - its not for the obsessive fan who checks the FLB team 24/7.

it's NOT Head to Head; waivers are in order list and if you want to pick up a  dropped player - you can claim the dropped player but for about three days if you are low not the waiver priority list (it changes with each selection and goes from 1 to 8 - someone higher on the waiver priority list could claim the same player and have a priority claim. 

Please respond to the e-mail I sent -- again - this league is going to be a lot more low key than the leagues you may have played in before - on the other hand - there is no valid objection in this league just because you are up all night and some other team owner(s) are not.

please e-mail me --    tj.staffel@comcast.net 

to let me know you received the invite and the sign up details.

5 hours ago, disarcina said:

Bealtesrule -- it's rotisserie and auto draft -- again - this is fantasy baseball LIGHT - its not for the obsessive fan who checks the FLB team 24/7.

it's NOT Head to Head; waivers are in order list and if you want to pick up a  dropped player - you can claim the dropped player but for about three days if you are low not the waiver priority list (it changes with each selection and goes from 1 to 8 - someone higher on the waiver priority list could claim the same player and have a priority claim. 

Please respond to the e-mail I sent -- again - this league is going to be a lot more low key than the leagues you may have played in before - on the other hand - there is no valid objection in this league just because you are up all night and some other team owner(s) are not.

please e-mail me --    tj.staffel@comcast.net 

to let me know you received the invite and the sign up details.

Emails where? I have not gotten any private messages from this site from you if that's what you mean? My personal email is not on this website I don't think. If it is, I have not gotten any email from you. I still don't know if I want to do FB yet though.