• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Julio Teheran says hamstring tightness is ‘nothing big’

AngelsWin.com

TEMPE, Ariz. — Joe Maddon had the same reaction as many Angels fans when he first heard the word “hamstring” and the name Julio Teheran.

“You gotta be kidding me,” Maddon said.

He quickly added that his fears turned out to be unfounded, when the MRI showed nothing serious. He said Teheran should be back on the mound for his next turn and ready when the season begins.

“The tests were all good,” Maddon said. “It should be minimal. We’re just skipping a start. We think if we skip a start here, he’ll be fine the next time out. That’s what we’re working on right now.”

The Angels signed Teheran to a $9 million deal in December largely because he’d be so durable, having started at least 30 games in each of the past seven years.

Given their recent run of pitching injuries, it was important that they added someone who could take the ball every fifth day.

Teheran said he’d never had a hamstring issue before, but he felt a twinge while running on on Tuesday. The Angels had him undergo an MRI, and no structural damage was revealed.

“We don’t want to risk anything, especially in the first outing of the spring training where I was going to throw two innings, and then it could have been something that would affect two months,” Teheran said Wednesday. “Obviously we don’t want that to happen. It’s nothing big. It’s just something we need to take care of. Probably in two days I’ll be pitching. I’ll be fine for my next outing.”

Teheran said he believed he’d throw a bullpen session on Friday and be ready to pitch either Sunday or Monday.

ALSO

A day after Keynan Middleton made his Cactus League debut, he said he was encouraged by the velocity, although he wouldn’t reveal the exact figures. “It was good,” he said with a smile. “I’m definitely not worried about it.” Middleton average fastball had dipped from 96 mph to 94 when he returned from Tommy John surgery late last season…

Patrick Sandoval, who missed a few days at the beginning of camp because of the flu, said he’s ready to pitch in a game, but he hasn’t been told which day that will happen yet.

View the full article